Saturday 29 March 2008

Delicate Petal That I Am

I bruise forgetfully.

No, that's not a typo. I have a friend who bruises super easily, (in first year, we used to flick her arms just to see how fast the bruise would come up. . . .we were weird that way.) but that's not my thing.

See, I end up with bruises and have no idea where they came from.

Usually they're on my legs and I just figure that I walked into something (usually the sharp edge of my bed/table/anything) and "walked it off."

But today I woke up with this massive bruise on my hand.

Make an "L" shape with your thumb and first finger, then draw a straight line down both. See where those lines converge? That's where my big ol nasty bruise is. And a bump. That I have no idea how I got.

Really, you'd think that something that made a bruise that big and left a lump would be something you'd remember, no?

My best guess is that I'm either so clumsy that I don't notice all the bazillions of times I run into things, or I'm running into things at work and pretending it didn't happen so as not to draw attention to my lack of co-ordination.

Or something.

It's just so weird. I can never remember the incident that gave me the bruise. Maybe I should start a diary:

Saturday, 4pm: ran into table while reading book on way to couch. Left shin.

13 comments:

rachel elizabeth said...

random. i seriously bruise like a peach! definite lack of co-ordination journal. haha.

xox

Victoria said...

Maybe we could co-author a book! ; )

GF Girl said...

I had the same type of moment this week - I crossed my legs and there was this pain I looked down and I could see through my black pantyhose this 4 inch long 1 inch wide bruise and I'm like where the heck did that come from? I think I need a journal too.

jennifer said...

I'm the same way. I get bruises a lot and don't know where they come from. Normally I blame my hyper puppy who jumps on me all the time.

Victoria said...

Jenn, that sounds totally like something I'd do. The whole "huh?" thing.

BPD, yet another reason for me to get a puppy! ; )

Yvonne said...

maybe you're having some seriously wild, thrashing sex in your dreams?!

I often wake up with weird scratches all over myself. It's kind of disconcerting.

The Single Girl said...

I totally forget how I get bruises - as I too run into things on a fairly regular basis, but I would hope I remember a bruise on my hand. It might be time to start that diary.

Truly said...

I like it when I get mystery bruises-- I like to wear clothes that show them off and when people ask me about them I make up ridiculous and improbable stories that are usually believed.
fun times.

-Truly

Victoria said...

Yvonne, I'd hope I'd remember that! ;)

TSG, maybe we could have a group blog that we'd update? hee

Truly, that's actually not a bad idea! wheeeeeee!

Anonymous said...

I am the same as you! Random bruises, and no idea where they came from.

I'm so clumsy, though, so I am not surprised by these bruises ;)

Victoria said...

The thing that cracks me up, Angella, is when I find a particularly nasty one and I think "dude, I should know how I got that, no?"

: )

Anonymous said...

I would guess that your spy training has taught you to block out the pain and keep moving forward. Like when you storm the hideout of some super-baddym and kick the crap out of all of his henchmen, then come home and wonder "hmmm, how did my knuckles get all cut up and swollen? Oh yeah, I did just kick the shit out of 12 dudes."

Victoria said...

Slinger, of COURSE that's what it is, how could I have forgotten! It was in our third week of training, right after "taking care of swollen knuckles 101" (which, I totally aced the final of, by the way) Whew, that explains a lot!