Saturday 15 March 2008

Mother Nature's Son


I've been singing a lot in my head lately and having song lyrics pop into my head when I least expect them.

Like this photo, for example, I looked up at this big concrete post up the top of a local viewpoint, surrounded by Nature and sunlight and I thought "Mother Nature's Son". A Beatles song I haven't heard or thought of in ages.

It just popped into my head and it works. For me, at least.

So it's funny to me, sometimes, the songs that come into my head, the phrases, the choruses.

But, does anyone know why I've been singing Christmas carols? And, apparently, have been tapping them out at work with my pens and pencils when not paying attention?

Me neither. : )

3 comments:

dilling said...

I always think of this as a John Denver song...weird, eh? That's who I heard sing it first(and most) growing up....when i "hear" it in my head, it's always John Denver's voice

dilling said...

also...song lyrics pop into my head all day, usually directly related to whatever the situation I am in is...there is a line for just about any given scenario, isn't there?

Victoria said...

I didn't know that John Denver sung this, cool!

And, yes, there is a line for just about any scenario : ) And it's fun!
Glad I'm not the only one!