Wednesday 12 March 2008

Razor of Mine

I realized the other week that I was on my last razor blade. And had been for a while.

I couldn't find the blades at all in the grocery store until I was at the checkout. Apparently they have to keep them behind the service desk counter because they're such a high theft item.

Go figure.

I didn't find my blades in my next couple of trips into local pharmacies, partly because I couldn't remember what they were called and holy smokes there are, like, four hundred to choose from, so I hauled myself out to Costco to get some on the cheap.

(Oh, and by the way? I saw Geoff Courtnall and his son at Costco. Yes, I nearly fainted thank you very much.)

But anyway, Costco didn't have my blades either so on the way home I stopped at the bestest, my most favouritest store ever, London Drugs. Ladies, you know how wonderful this place is, no?

And I stood there. In the aisle of razors. And I couldn't see my friggin blades. Not only that, but I couldn't see my friggin razor. I stared and I stared. I even double checked the name I'd written down, but nope.

Apparently they stopped making my razors and nobody told me. Big meanies.

So then the next debate was what to buy next. After some more staring and head scratching, I decided to do the wise thing and get the razor that had the cheapest refill (guys, seriously, how do you let them make you pay so much for these things?) and I ended up with the one with the soap surrounding thing.

This one, which has the rediculously awesome name of "Intuition." Because sometimes? Your razor just *knows*.

Or something.

The funniest thing about this weird soap razor blade combo is that I can't feel the blade. Maybe I've never been supposed to feel the blade, but I kind of like to. Is that weird? I dunno. But yes. I had to buy a new razor, when all I wanted was a refill.

And so I've been singing the Foo Fighters' song Razor all week now. And I think you should too:


Foo Fighters - Razor

And that, ladies and gentlemen, is how you make a post.... out of nothing at all. Out of nothing at all.

13 comments:

Alexandra said...

I hate that shit. I always buy the cheapest one.

but, yes,London Drugs is for me,in many ways similar to a crack dealer.

Likalia said...

Ahh retro 80's videos. lol

Yes, why do they charge so much for razors, also why is it cheaper to buy a new razor with 2 blades include then to buy the refill packs?

You know I don't get London Drugs though - every time I've gone in looking for something I've been disappointed.

dilling said...

I couldn't find my blades anymore recently and threw away my razor believing they just weren't making them anymore(I had it since leaving home in 1986!!!!). THEN, I found someplace carrying the blades(chepaest replacements by far) but no one carries the razor!

Michael Colvin said...

Why do us guys pay so much for our blades?

It's probably something to do with the fact that the whole daily shaving thing is God's punishment for having so much fun with our penis.

Or something like that.

Anonymous said...

as soon as I saw the title I had Razor by Foo in my head. Nice choice of song, but the link didn't work.

I have to buy the semi-expensive razors or my neck looks like raw meat, thanks to the stiffness of my facial hair, and delicate, china doll-like smooth skin.

Anonymous said...

Fancy that... Canadian women supposedly shave!

Here I was thinking that they tried to cultivate as much body hair as possible in the hopes of trying to keep their little bodies warm!

ROFL ;-P

Jenn O'Neil said...

OH MY GOD! I LOVED Geoff when he played for us in Boston. I had season tickets then and the Bruins were soooo gooood. The star of the team was that lovely Vancouver native Cam Neely (big sigh).

Did I ever mention that I LOVE hockey?

Jenn O'Neil said...

By the way I almost passed out one time when meeting Cam Neely - no really I almost did. I was totally embarrassing.

Victoria said...

Alexandra, maybe we need to start a London Drugs Anonymous? ; )


Likalia, it's so weird the whole "buying a new one is cheaper" thing!

Dilling, I think your story needs to be in the Alanis Morisette Ironic song: "It's like rain on your wedding day it's a new blade when you've thrown your razor away." : )
And, dude? 1986? Awesome!

And the award for best line ever goes to....Tod! For "It's probably something to do with the fact that the whole daily shaving thing is God's punishment for having so much fun with our penis."
WOOT!


Slinger, fanbloodytastic song. Weird about the link though. At least I know you have the song hanging around though ; )
China doll like, eh? heh

Ryan, nah, we just wear lots of sweaters to keep warm! ; )



Cam Neely, Jenn? (Dreamy sigh) You have good taste my friend ; )

And, um, I completely understand the almost passing out. I so do.

Ahhhh hockey :D

Yvonne said...

My favourite razor ever - never get nicks using it! <3

They're stupidly expensive, though. ;(

Victoria said...

Never get nicks? AWESOME! Something to *not* look forward to/worry about, yayyyy!

But, yeah, weirdly expensive. Don't get me started on my "feminine products" rant mind you. ; )

Yvonne said...

oh yes, like how we have to pay tax on feminine products?! /rant

Victoria said...

Joins you on the rant podium!!!! ; )