Friday 18 April 2008

Maybe It's Just Me


Maybe it's just me, but it feels like there are two times of year when there just aren't enough weekends; Christmas and Spring.

Around December, everyone's visiting or having get togethers and there are people to see and not enough time to see them all and why does everyone plan their stuff for the same day when I've gone weeks with no plans?

Same thing's happening now. I've got a long standing work commitment thingy this weekend that has me spying on the mainland. Where one of my best friends lives. Who happens to be coming to Victoria for the weekend for a sports event. Gah. Oh, and did I mention the Doctor who canceled my appointment Monday and tried to re-schedule Saturday, or the ball, yes actual ball, I got invited to and holy smokes people it's the one weekend I have to plans for once, pick another weekend would ya?

Ahhhh Spring. Must be the end of social hibernation or something.

What are you busy doing this weekend?

12 comments:

minijonb said...

i'll be doing the Passover seder with the family, wishing i could just be outside enjoying spring. cheers!

McGone said...

We have a lull in the usually hectic Wedding season. We thought we got through the crush of The Girl's friends getting married last summer, but apparently there were quite a few stragglers.

Victoria said...

Well enjoy Minijonb! We may actually be running up against some freak snow here, d'oh! :)

McGone, I've moved up from wedding crush to baby shower crush. Just give yourselves a few years. It's not as much fun cuz you can't really drink at a baby shower. Although..... hmmmmm.

Des said...

I have an exam to study for, and I'm booking tickets for my grad trip to Germany and Egypt! Yay!

Enjoy your weekend!

Victoria said...

Good luck with the exam!

Germany and Egypt? COOL!

Yvonne said...

Things always seem to happen at once. More fun from The Universe!

I'll be doing schoolwork and/or procrastinating. Oh and taxes. I've told myself I'm not allowed to go on my Washington shopping trip until I get my taxes done. Plus more miscellaneous bs bureaucratic paperwork that needs to be done.

It seems busy to me but not quite like your weekend!

Alexandra said...

Brunching, and opera, and shoe-shopping, and outdoor eating and drinking nad general merriment.
It will be a good weekend!

Victoria said...

So, Yvonne, did you get em done? :)

Alexandra, that sounds like a totally awesome weekend!

Jenn said...

I loves the spring! I think as of mid april we should cancel Mondays and Tuesdays and make them Saturday and Sunday part 2. The world would be a better, happier place, I swear!

Victoria said...

I loves this idea!

Yay for Saturday and Sunday Part 2!!!!

Yvonne said...

er, not quite done on the taxes yet. But I think I found all my receipts?! ;)

Victoria said...

Well that's a decent start! :)