Wednesday, 2 April 2008

My Holiday. Point Form.


I went to Cuba.

It was awesome.

I've always wanted to go, so when the opportunity arose, I jumped at the chance.

Its capital city, La Habana, (Havana) is one of the most amazing, most interesting cities I've ever visited. I'll have to go back, I had no idea.

I was surprised by how lush the land was. And hilly. And green. Did I mention the trees? Everywhere?

It wasn't at all what I expected but somehow still was everything I'd expected.

I snorkeled for the first time since I was a teenager and I'm very glad I did. It was an 85 year old British man that convinced me I must; he said it was some of the best snorkeling in the world.

I met some very cool people and re-reminded myself that no matter where you go, we're all just the same when you get right down to it.

The music was fantastic. We don't dance enough around here.

I feel incredibly lucky to have experienced this country at this stage, I don't know if things will change, but I'm glad I was able to be there now regardless.

Much much more to say, many many more pictures to post but I'm still catching up with things.

Traveling will do that. . . but it's oh so very worth it.

Life is good.

6 Comments:

OpenID teamslinger said...

sounds like you had a blast! Did you bring back any cigars?

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 8:33:00 am  
Blogger Yvonne said...

I'm so happy you had a great trip! ;)

I've always been curious about Cuba. I'll definitely add it to my list of places to visit. ;)

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 11:53:00 am  
Blogger McGone said...

Spy business? They always send you to the best places!

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 3:44:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Slinger, nooooo, smoking is bad! Well, ok, maybe one or two, but I'll give them away :)

Yvonne, when you go, you must spend time in Havana!

McGone, they certainly do. It's one of the perks of the job. ;)

Wednesday, April 02, 2008 5:01:00 pm  
Blogger Tod said...

Sounds great, can't wait for the pics.

So, does this mean you are banned from The States now? Tee!Hee!

Thursday, April 03, 2008 12:39:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

I didn't ask! ; )

But, they didn't stamp my passport itself so I should be ok.

Thursday, April 03, 2008 7:45:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.