Tuesday, 3 June 2008

Magic

So I was out and about the other day in the late evening. It was one of the sunny, warm days we've had lately and everything was nice and glowy.

I had my iPod in and my favourite song of the moment came on.  It always makes me smile.

As I'm listening to this song I look up across the street at this little urban park thing and I notice that the trees are shedding something; seed pods or something, I don't know.

All I know is that the way the light was hitting them, they looked like magical golden glitters.

I'm not exaggerating. It was magical.

It really looked like a scene from a movie with silvery shiny glitter was being thrown down in the forest so that the fairies could come out to play. It was absolutely gorgeous.

I kept looking around to see if anyone else noticed, but I guess I was the only one lucky enough to not have anywhere to hurry to.

So I sat there, listening to my favourite song, watching the sparkles fall from the trees.

It was awesome.

I'm so lucky.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

Your description reminded me of the scene from Narnia where the trees try to communicate with their blossom...


p.s. I have a new blog (the one true blog - to rule them all - http://www.ewows.net - "The Enormous Waste of Webspace")

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 2:46:00 pm  
Anonymous Dominic said...

There is a theory that reality in one universe is fiction in another. So, the audience who were watching the film of your life in a cinema somewhere Out There probably also enjoyed watching the special effects ;o)

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 3:48:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Jonathan, it was totally like that! All magical and stuff.

Dominic, I'm totally sure the watchers enjoyed that part of my life. *waves and flashes the audience* HEE!

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 5:31:00 pm  
Blogger abstractjenn said...

I love magical moments like this.....

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 6:58:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

me too :)

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 7:21:00 pm  
Blogger abstractjenn said...

Victoria - can you send me the link to your flickr account? I seem to have misplaced it. You can email it to abstractjenn@gmail.com

Thank you!

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 7:32:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

http://flickr.com/photos/foundimagination/

:)

Tuesday, June 03, 2008 9:42:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.