Tuesday 3 June 2008

Magic

So I was out and about the other day in the late evening. It was one of the sunny, warm days we've had lately and everything was nice and glowy.

I had my iPod in and my favourite song of the moment came on.  It always makes me smile.

As I'm listening to this song I look up across the street at this little urban park thing and I notice that the trees are shedding something; seed pods or something, I don't know.

All I know is that the way the light was hitting them, they looked like magical golden glitters.

I'm not exaggerating. It was magical.

It really looked like a scene from a movie with silvery shiny glitter was being thrown down in the forest so that the fairies could come out to play. It was absolutely gorgeous.

I kept looking around to see if anyone else noticed, but I guess I was the only one lucky enough to not have anywhere to hurry to.

So I sat there, listening to my favourite song, watching the sparkles fall from the trees.

It was awesome.

I'm so lucky.

7 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

Your description reminded me of the scene from Narnia where the trees try to communicate with their blossom...


p.s. I have a new blog (the one true blog - to rule them all - http://www.ewows.net - "The Enormous Waste of Webspace")

Anonymous said...

There is a theory that reality in one universe is fiction in another. So, the audience who were watching the film of your life in a cinema somewhere Out There probably also enjoyed watching the special effects ;o)

Victoria said...

Jonathan, it was totally like that! All magical and stuff.

Dominic, I'm totally sure the watchers enjoyed that part of my life. *waves and flashes the audience* HEE!

Jenn O'Neil said...

I love magical moments like this.....

Victoria said...

me too :)

Jenn O'Neil said...

Victoria - can you send me the link to your flickr account? I seem to have misplaced it. You can email it to abstractjenn@gmail.com

Thank you!

Victoria said...

http://flickr.com/photos/foundimagination/

:)