Tuesday 17 June 2008

Memories Revisited

I went to bed last night while it was still light out for the first time since I can't remember when.

(Yes, I was that tired. And, yes, I slept through the whole night.)

I remember when my Mom used to send me to bed in the summer months and how frustrated I'd be that I wasn't out there playing with the older kids. It was worst when I could still hear them in the backyard, or the neighbour's backyard as Mom came by and told me it was "lights out" time.

It seemed like such a waste of good play time.

5 comments:

Jenn O'Neil said...

Oh boy do I remember that - going to bed before the sun went down. I remember just laying there thinking "There is no way this is right".

Now when I go to bed when the sun is just coming up I lay there thinking
"There is no way this is right"

Isn't getting older FUN?

David Maxam said...

Yeah, "Lights out time".. but the older kids in the neighborhood were still out romping around. So I'd climb back out of bed and hang our by the 2nd story window. Sometimes we'd chat thru the window on the side of the house. Haha

Victoria said...

Jenn,that's so true! Waking up in the dark is the worstest! ;)

David, you're much braver than I was! I'd have lived in fear of getting caught!

Michael Colvin said...

Wow, that is so true. I was made to go to bed early for difficult reasons but the bright side was I became a lover of books and far surpassed my peers with my reading skills. I still can't spell for toffee tho! :)

Victoria said...

Yay, another reader/not necessarily speller like me! :D