Thursday 26 June 2008

On The To Do List


So, forever ago, I went on an awesome vacation.

And when I went, I kept something between a diary and notes of my days, my adventures, my thoughts and impressions of the country; a country I'd always wanted to visit.

My plan was to come back and write out everything I did so that I'd have a permanent memory of it. I didn't exactly know where I'd write it out, but the notebook's been sitting on my kitchen table for a few months now, waiting for me.

Seeing as I'm trying to de-clutter my place, I need to get rid of the notebook. And the best way to do that without losing the memories is to write it out. And, I may as well write it out here.

I'm writing this post so that I have the incentive to sit myself down and remember how I felt before it gets too far away and faded. I may not get the same details down here as I would if I were writing just for myself; some things are private and just between me and my travelling companions, but I'm going to try, in the next little while to start telling some of the stories.

It's officially on the To-Do list.

6 comments:

Likalia said...

ooh that sounds like a fun project. :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I, on the other hand, have been looking at various online to-do list applications today.

RememberTheMilk looks quite good, but I use Google Calendar and can never decide which place to store things... aarrgghh?!?

Michael Colvin said...

How exciting!

Victoria said...

Likalia, I hope it's fun? ;)

Jonathan, I've had the same dilemma, where do I store all my various calendar dates n stuff.

Tod, I hope so :)

Alexandreena said...

Go for it. sounds like a worthwhile project.

I'm horrible with travel journals. I used to be better with pictures, but now I'm slacking with that too. And I do feel guilty about it.

Victoria said...

Guilt sucks, eh? Yuck!