Monday 14 July 2008

Out of Sorts

Now, it doesn't help *at all* that I'm writing this post while under the (very strange) influence of a Robaxacet, (and, no don't bother reading the possible side effects, in fact, don't do medical research via Google and the internet at all ever because you will always, always end up dying of something really bad. Um where was I? Oh yeah...) but I've been feeling quite out of sorts lately.

I'm guessing it's a combination of things including a large spy project coming to an end and knowing I won't be working on it again and knowing I won't be working with some of those spy peoples again. It's bizarre to put so much of yourself into something and then let it go. But wait! I don't talk about work, so, um, yeah. Let's just ignore this last paragraph shall we?

There's also my back that went majorly weird in a completely different way than last time and my physio's away and I couldn't get any "professional" help til next week (wait, why did I put professional in quotes? I don't know either.) and that made me feel scared and old and unsure if I should rest or not rest or why doesn't this body thing come with an owner's manual anyway? I don't even know what I did, was it that spy move I did, was it going up three pounds in free weights, was it sitting for two hours putting together a photo album from two years ago? (Yes, two years. I'm a little behind. What?)

So, I have no idea where this post is going, but let it be a lesson to all you young kids out there that drugs are bad. Even the ones you can buy over the counter because, hello? One day I'm going to read this post and wonder why I let myself post it.

Summer's here, and that's good. I still hang out with Bird every once in a while and am no longer wanting to get him in my pants (it's subtly different from wanting to get in his pants) except when something sets my hormones raging.

Like this:

Sebastian Pigott - Bring it on Home to Me

Which then led me to this. Which, awesomely, COMPLETELY cheered me up!

Led Zeppelin - Bring it on Home

And that's why they're Gods. Amen.

And now this post just ends.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't know if you get Haynes manuals over there.. but if you do, they did a manual for the human body a while ago...

Victoria said...

I don't know if we do either :)

Alexandreena said...

I think there's something called You: The Owner's Manual.
It looked too thick for me to read though, so I cannot recommend it.

Victoria said...

Oooh, yeah, I've seen that one too :)

Jenn said...

Mmmm....Robaxacet! Goes great with vodka!

Victoria said...

I don't think that would have left me standing! lol