Friday 5 September 2008

I Really Don't Know Why I'm So Stuck On This One

But I have no desire to work out with a boyfriend.

I know a lot of people do it; I see them at the gym, all cute and kissy and sometimes sweaty together.

But I don't want to.

I was thinking about it the other day and I really like my time at the gym. By myself.

I don't think I'd even want to work out with a friend, although I know a lot of people do that too.

I went to the gym with Smith once while he was visiting and we did our own thing and met back up an hour and a half later and that was fine. Except the weirdest thing happened. When we gave each other a "see you later" kiss? Massive, ouchy, stabbingly strong electric shock on the lips. And, like, not in a good way.

Yet another sign I should work out alone, methinks.

What about you, do you prefer to exercise alone or with company?

Or, do you prefer to just not exercise? Cuz that's fine too.

10 comments:

AshleyHami said...

Patrick and I will go to the gym together, but usually do our own thing and meet up later. You'll most def. find me on the oliptical with my headphones on...lol...no chatting!

Pat does try to get me to do more team oriented things...like badminton on Monday nights..but, no thanks!

Laura said...

I like exercising with company... it keeps me accountable, i.e. if I'm meeting a friend at the gym then I won't decide to stay home because I can't be bothered. And I find the gym is more fun that way. But only if you're quite comfortable with that friend and at roughly the same athletic level - it's not so great if they're holding you back or if you're holding them back.

I also totally do NOT do team sports. Hate. I like solo activities that I can do side-by-side with another person, i.e. running or hiking or yoga, but I do not do things like softball. No sirree. Team sports = cranky Laura.

Anonymous said...

Alone. Definitely alone.

Maybe it helps to be the more competitive type..

Victoria said...

HH, that's probably what I'd do too, except probably not the badminton either! ;)

Laura, I'm totally with you on the "if you have to meet someone, you're less likely to bail out on going" thing. For sure! I've never tried team sports... OH, no wait, I did floor hockey, never mind! :D

Dominic, maybe it does help if you're competitive, but then you'd be working out AND trying to beat someone? Heh.

dilling said...

just me, in my headphones, immersed in my own world completely for just a little while. i like it there.

Victoria said...

Yep, that's my view too. My own little world.

Courtney K said...

haha, well i like to go with one or two girlfriends and if its guys it has to be all of my hilarious guy friends that make me laugh when i try to teach them pilates. other than that, no cutesy lovey dove at the gym... but i wouldnt know cause but of course, i am single :P

Victoria said...

hee!

Yvonne said...

haha, NOBODY is allowed to watch me work out, which is why I invested in home gym paraphernalia many years ago!
(Not that I have a boyfriend that would be in my way...and not that I'm bitter about not having a boyfriend... lol)

Victoria said...

Heh! (me neither!)