Wednesday 10 September 2008

Ok, So You'll Never Guess What Happened.

So this weekend....or, maybe it was a couple of weekends ago, or... maybe it's a weekend in the future... I can't have you people knowing too much about my whereabouts you know, I'm a spy and all. Gotta maintain my anonymity and whatnot. Ya hear me?

So one weekend not too far from today I got a surprise text message. To my email. (Which, seriously, how COOL is that? I didn't even know you could do that!) And it was from S. Remember S? B's girlfriend?

Turns out they had hopped over (ok, not literally, that would be tiring) from the mainland to Victoria for the evening and S had thought to give me a shout (but, again, not literally, because I don't think her voice is that loud and this town isn't that small so I wouldn't have heard her) and I got to meet her, for reals!

Which is doubly cool, because I was nervous to meet a new person (and as S said it was kind of like a blind date) but she turned out as awesome in real life as she was in Gmail chat and email life and we got along great and had tons to talk about and, well, yay! S was awesome!

Plus, I actually went ahead and did it. Which, is pretty rad, if I say so myself. See, I figure a year or so ago I'd have been too shy to go at all. I'd have thought of all the things that might have gone wrong and I would have stayed at home hiding in the corner, so I'm so proud of myself because I got the email and was all "YEAH, sure I'd love to go meet her!" and I did feel kind of nervous in the car on the way over, but I made it.

Know what else was neat? Seeing the two of them together. They're so well suited to each other and you can tell that they like each other and are in love with each other (Because, dude, it's possible to be one without the other, I'm afraid) and it was all just cool. B and I have always gotten along well, but you know how sometimes your friends get a new Significant Other and you kind of go "huh.." and you secretly hope it doesn't work out because really you can just tell they're just not great for each other? Yeah, this wasn't like that at all, and it made me very happy inside to see that they're an awesome couple. And that I could totally see myself hanging out with them!

So, yay all round. Pretty cool, eh?


Updated to add: Just as I finished typing this, I started chatting with S and she gave me the link to this video over which I am now bawling. (No, I'm not hormonal, just stressed out and wishing I was Amy)



Best Wedding Toast Ever - Amy's Song

8 comments:

GF Girl said...

You aren't the only one wishing she was Amy and crying. Thanks though it was so beautiful!

Victoria said...

We should ALL be Amy! :)

Likalia said...

That is awesome! :)

Though also slightly scary in that - "this is what happens when musical theatre people get together way". Stil it rocks! Good friends really are one of the best things in life.

Victoria said...

Pretty cool, eh?

Good friends are teh bomb!

Michael Colvin said...

Well I like musical theatre, but when the music started I had to stop. I was already cringing enough to chew my knuckles off.

At least he didn't come on dressed in black and do the whole thing in mime. Mwuhahaha!

Victoria said...

Oh man, mime would have had me chewing my knuckles off! ;)

Yvonne said...

How cool, I never realized that you hadn't actually met B's girlfriend in person. ;)
See, us internets aren't so scary. Well, not all of us. >;-D

I was just thinking how lucky Amy is that she has friend and family that can sing and dance! (Otherwise, the video could have been all sorts of frightful!) So sweet, though!

Victoria said...

No, I hadn't met her yet, cool, eh! So, yes, not all internets are scary ;)

Totally sweet video, eh?