Monday 28 April 2008

Mmmmmmokay


So, where was I?

Ahhh, yes, the weekend.

A good weekend, all round; mellow and relaxing and fun wrapped into one.

So, as I mentioned kinda, the other day, I had a couple of good conversations this weekend. The one I had with Bird'll be another post because I said so. Plus, it makes me giggle when y'all say I'm teasing you when really I'm not.

Very much.

Ly.

So anyway, you guys remember B, right? He of the swarthy locks and other. . . um . . . "positive traits" ?

Well B and I chat every once in a while and catch up on lives and things and as he's one of the few friends I've told about my blog and who tends to keep up with it (while still not actually spilling my secret to anyone), he often knows more about what's going on in my love life than some of my friends.

So when I signed on line Friday (or was it Saturday? I forgets) evening he asked me what I was doing home. I told him that I'd just come back from a non-date and he asked "With Runner Guy or Bird?"

Now, why the silly boy thinks I'm still hanging out with Runner Guy when we all know he disappeared off the face of the earth a while ago doesn't matter, (I'll make him study the archives another time) what matters is that when I told him I'd been on a non-date with Bird, his girlfriend suddenly took over the chat (I have this wonderful image of her pushing him right off the stool and sliding on in. Heh. My brain's funny.) and asked me all about Bird and what was going on and we had the best, most hilarious conversation ever.

Mid-way through this conversation (during which we decided that Bird and I are allowed to be friends for now and that may be all for now, or possibly forever) as I was explaining that Bird's really not my type she asked me what my type was. I instantly, and only half jokingly blurted out the name of my longest time crush, a guy who happens to have worked with B. And? She TOTALLY has a crush on him too. In fact, most likely every woman who has ever met this man probably has a crush on him, but that's not the point because I've had a crush on him forever and ever, (no seriously, it's been probably ten years?) so I win for sure. So as we googled for pictures of him and talked about all the reasons we LOVE him, we decided that he should totally fall for me for sure.

Can you see why I love this girl so much? She completely agrees with me in what guys are hot AND she agrees that this guy and I should have the most adorable little babies ever and live happily ever after.

Plus, she's totally hilarious and stuff.

But yeah.

My only problem is that she wants me to go in to his place of work and actually talk to him. As in, you know, not be shy?

Hmmmm... we'll have to work on that part. I say there must be some other way to win his love. Like.... ESP or something. You know, if I think it enough it'll happen.

Right?

RIGHT?

Ok. I need to go to bed. This post makes no sense anymore, if it ever really did to begin with.

The moral of the story is this: B has excellent taste in women. And B's girlfriend has excellent taste in men.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

The "think it enough" bit reminds me of this cartoon :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

I once had a conversation with a colleague just like you - at my own wedding, actually - and we were talking about them always being careful, and having not met anybody yet.

I told them then - if you don't take a chance, you'll always wonder "what if" - and the whole foot in mouth thing? They will think the world of you for it...

Victoria said...

That's funny Dominic :)

Hmmmm, Jonathan, we'll see if I can scrape up the courage to put my foot in my mouth! ;)

Anonymous said...

i TOTALLY did push him off the chair.

go for it, go for it!! (i will be your cheering section - and maybe we can even invest in those invisible earpiece communication thingys for the big event)

Victoria said...

Ok, I'm in! I'll save my pennies for the invisible earpieces so you can prompt me appropriately oh "anonymous" :)