Wednesday 1 October 2008

It's October Already? Says Whooooooo?*

I don't usually (often? ever? I don't know I haven't checked my archives) link to someone else's post, but in this case I have to. See, Dooce is apparently my long lost twin in the sleeping in department.

For moi? Snooze buttons are all about the "I get to sleep for another glorious nine minutes" and I have been known to snooze/sleep for hours.

Um. Regularly.

But not, of course, on work days.

Except. I probably should confess; I set my alarm clock twenty minutes fast. And then an hour early. And when it goes off I wake up enough to set it forward another hour. Which means I get a WHOLE HOUR of snooze time. And then I still hit snooze one more time.

I don't know, I don't understand me either.





*Get it? I made an owl joke. Because it's October. And that means Hallowe'en. And owls. Now is it funny? You sure?

5 comments:

Victoria said...

Hey, I thought it was funny. (ish)

Courtney K said...

i always set my alarm at least an hour ahead so that i can snooze for that long. for some reason it makes me feel less tired.. i think.
actually, i'm pretty sure it makes me more tired because i'm, in that hour getting the most horrible sleep waking up every 5 minutes to hit the snooze.
oh the wackyness.

Victoria said...

See, that's the trick I learned and am doing this year! I now put it an hour early, wake up when it goes off and re-set it for an hour later so I get the whole hour uninterrupted but it feels like sleeping in! I just have to make sure I never set it wrong when I'm half asleep! ;)

Janee said...

OMG. I am the same way with my alarm clock (aka: cell phone alarm). I set it for 4:45 when I don't have to wake up til 5:45 and then just keep re-setting it every 15 minutes!!!!

PS: I'm sorry for commenting so late. I only recently found your site and I'm only on the October 2008 archives...so I apologize in advance if I give a premature inappropriate opinion about a person/event that will later reveal itself to be an extremely important person or event in your life. :)

Victoria said...

Heh, hilarious!

And...go for it, no worries ;)