Friday 24 October 2008

Local


I went to my local pub last Friday after work with a co-worker spy friend of mine who also lives nearby.

We had a few drinks and food and shared a dessert (about which I'm still thinking) and talked about, and looked at, cute guys.

We were joined, a bit later, by a not-straight (but oh so cute) male spy that we know and his significant other, which was great, because I swear, guys pay more attention to you when you're sitting with an attractive guy. It must up their competitive urges or something.

But anyway...after the dessert and before the last round, I found myself unable to finish a sentence when a very cute curly haired fellow walked by. On his way to the exit, mind you, but still, very cute. And when my head swiveled around to follow him, my friend told me that "he'd totally been looking over this way" Which, um, could have been helpful to know *before* he left.

Fast forward a few minutes later and I'm pretty blatantly staring at another cute guy, who wonders past our table. And we make some eye contact for just a moment before I turn back to the hockey-related conversation. And then later, when this guy was on his way out, (I know, I'm awesome with the timing, eh?) we were both checking each other out and I slipped him a sly little smile. (Oh alcohol, you make me into such a reckless flirt!)

And that's when I realized something: I guess if you go to a place regularly, like your local pub, you'd run into the same people over and over, and eventually you'd strike up conversation. Or something.

So maybe I need to empty my bank account and apologize in advance to my liver and start spending every Friday afternoon at the local pub.

Well, it's a thought, anyway.

6 comments:

Aleks said...

I'd start a conversation about the Habs, and how they're awesome and how it's a shame that you two don't live in Montreal to enjoy them. Because, you know, the Canucks aren't that good. :D

Victoria said...

That'd be a total conversation starter with me. FOR SURE! lol

LisaMM said...

Hi Victoria!

I've also found that I get more attention from men when a man is paying attention to me.. I agree it's a competition thing. Guys are weird-and I'm married so it doesn't matter- but it's definitely something my sister and I have both noticed.

Hey I have a question for you but can't find an email address. Would you please send me an email at lisamunleyATcaDOTrrDOTcom ?

Take care,
~Lisa

Victoria said...

Hi Lisa,
Those men... such silly creatures! ;)
I sent you an email, but if you don't get it, let me know :)

The Single Girl said...

What about every other Friday, for both you bank account and your liver.

Victoria said...

That could work TSG! ;)