Saturday 25 October 2008

Maybe I'm Dreaming the Future?

I had this fantastic dream last night that when I woke up I thought for a while it was real. And when I realized it wasn't, I was still happy to have dreamed it.

I was out Christmas shopping with a friend (don't know who it was) for my brother (in a town that's not here) and I was in line to buy him his gift (I think it was tea or something to do with tea?) and there was a cute guy at the cash register.

Cute as in, dark hair, nice smile, friendly eyes and wearing a nice casual, but collared shirt.

And when it was my turn to pay he talked to me for a minute and then asked if he could have my number to ask me out. It all seemed very natural and the people behind me (a couple in their late forties) didn't mind at all that he was taking the time to get my number, in fact they seemed to think it was all very cute. (Which it was) So it was this cool dream where the guy was super nice and confident enough to ask me for my information without being arrogant or pushy. Plus, he was good looking and I just knew we'd have a good time together.

And I just knew it'd be the start of a great relationship, but not necessarily my future husband or anything. And I was flattered but not (too) embarrassed by the whole thing. It was very cool.

It was just funny when I woke up this morning and realized that he wasn't actually going to call.

So, does anyone know where I could go shopping for tea? And possibly get asked out?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

No, but if it helps, I wear casual but collared shirts most of the time ;)

Likalia said...

I know quite a few places to shop for tea but last I checked they were all staffed by women. I'll keep looking though. :)

Angella said...

I am the last person to answer that question :)

Victoria said...

Maybe the pretend shop was in Vancouver? Or K-town for that matter Angella! ;)

Ms Behaviour said...

The Empress? All the places I have tea are in the Toronto area. For now :) When I move back to BC next year, I'll have to discover new tea places. Can't wait!

Victoria said...

Hmmmm, the Empress? Maybe! Moving back to BC, that's fun :)

Yvonne said...

Silk Road perhaps? >;-D

Victoria said...

I thought of that, but this (dream) place was very white inside and Silk Road's kinda dark ;)

Yvonne said...

It is, but a cute guy does work there! ;)
Hmmmm....Murchies?

Victoria said...

Murchies, I forgot about them!