Monday 22 December 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh

So, what am I doing?

Well, perfect that you should ask. I'm sitting in my favourite chair watching (and listening to) the snow fall off the trees as the sun warms things up.

It's the coolest thing, like the trees are dripping, except they're dripping chunks of snow that make the leaves ripple and sound like crunchy rain.

I slept in this morning, which was awesome. It was decided that since the snow hit and the end of the week is holiday time anyway, that the whole week would be mine. All mine, my precious! (Ahem.) So I turned my alarm on to the regular work time just so that I could turn it off and snuggle down into bed and sleep in. Ahhhhhhh.

It's been a nice, mellow morning too. Downloading the photos I look last night as it snowed and snowed and snowed and snowed. Listening to the sound of tires crunching into the parking behind my building. (I love that sound, crrrrunch), eating the candy off of yesterday's gingerbread house (which, I have to say, I don't think is going to last much past this evening, if that!), eating bacon, english muffins and drinking some tea. Awesome.

And it's warm enough too that I've got my windows open, letting in the fresh air and sunshine. And I'll most likely head out for a walk later today, maybe to the gym, and if the roads are doing well, I might head over to a friend's house for dinner. If not, it'll be me and some goodies again for din dins tonight.

I'm catching up on my reading (blogs and books alike) and am really really enjoying time to myself. My plan for today is to finish this one leeeeetle (I keep telling myself that so that it doesn't seem so freaky) assignment I've been given so that I don't have to think about it over Christmas. So if I get it done, it may mean no blog post tomorrow. But that'd be ok, right? Right!

So, a Happy Hanukkah and Winter Solstice from yesterday to everyone. I hope you all enjoy whatever celebrations you're celebrating.

And, yay for the days starting to get longer again!

4 comments:

lambda said...

I would love for it to snow outside, only ever touched snow once and that was on holiday.
Nice blog.

Victoria said...

It doesn't snow here much so I try to enjoy it while it's here :)

And, thanks :)

Yvonne said...

That sounds fantastic!
(Especially the going back to sleep part. hehe) But...shouldn't there be some chocolate in there somewhere? ;)

The snow is so pretty!

Victoria said...

Oh, there was chocolate today too! (just not quite as much) :)

The snow is sooooo pretty right now!