Tuesday 23 December 2008

Question

Is it weird that I'd be ok with just sitting on my couch for the next few days?

I mean, considering that it's Christmas this week (which, by the way, how did *that* happen?) I'm guessing I should be looking forward to visiting and family, but all I can really think is how nice it would be to sit on my couch and not have to get up.

I might just be a little bit on the tired side, and the idea of sleeping on a futon in Vancouver for a couple of nights doesn't seem too restful to me. Oh well, as long as there's gravy, it'll be worth it.

(There will be gravy, won't there?)

What are your plans for the .... holy smokes, is tomorrow Christmas EVE????? um, what are your plans for the next couple of days.

Apparently I have to pack.






On a completely different note , I had a not so much with the fun drive last night. Decided to go see some friends who are about to have a baby seriously any day now and got stuck in the snow three times (leaving my apartment, trying to find a place to park, which DUH, why didn't I clue in that I wouldn't find side street parking until I got there and saw all the snow banks, duh, and then trying to get back in to my apartment) and had to constantly spray (non-winter proof because I didn't expect a real winter cuz we didn't have one last year) my windshield because it kept freezing and thereby making it impossible to see. So that was, well, a little on the slightly stressful side. And probably the rest of the country/continent is laughing at me right now, but we have one plow. ONE plow for our whole city. As in, one. Which means that while the roads that get driven on are basically clear, all the side roads (ie. where I live and where my friends live) aren't. At. All. And, in fact, they're this weird mixture of frozen stuff and melty goo, but the real problem is the piles of stuff people have shoveled, or in the case of my driveway, the dip in the road that meant that my tires dipped, but my car hit a bank of snow and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz went the tires and "oh" went the me. But, hey... the fact that I'm writing this means I managed it and got out of it all by myself, which makes me proud and so you can scoff your eyes at us PacNorthWesters, but really, the driving's not....great.

/end slightly freaked out when I wrote it rant.

9 comments:

Esperanza said...

That is not weird at all unless I too am weird. I am actually at work fantasizing about sitting on my couch...sigh

Victoria said...

Well, we'll be not weird together then :)

Michael Colvin said...

Sitting on the couch sounds like a perfect Christmas option to me. Merry Christmas!

Ms Behaviour said...

Doing a whole lot of nothing sounds great to me! Don't drive til April though k? It's crazy out there. I'm so glad I'm not in Canada right now!

Victoria said...

Merry Couchmas Tod! heheh

EB, I promise not to do any driving til at least April ;)

Jenn said...

I would be TOTALLY OK with sitting on my couch for the next 2 weeks. Bring the presents to me on christmas (and the gravy!) Pass me a glass of bubbly on Ney Years. Sounds just about perfect!

Laurene said...

hello! :] i must admit that i, too, felt weird when i found out that today is Christmas Eve. "how did that happen?" exactly my question. i guess i have not been keeping track of the days nor have done any preparations for the Holidays. if only i can sleep through the whole thing until 2009 comes in... call me a scrooge, but i think i'll leave the merriment to those who want something nice and material for Christmas.

Happy Holidays! :]

P.S. Sorry to suddenly commenting in your blog without even introducing myself. LOL. I have been reading your blog regularly since I found out about it from Pickle. :] I find your sarcasm and wit sharp. I'm looking forward to more posts!

Likalia said...

Woohoo Couchmas! I am so there. :)

As for driving, my car hasn't moved since I got it back from down island the other weekend. I think I might have to suck it up and shovel the driveway this weekend though so it can go somewhere next week. Poor car is so not looking forward to it though. :(

Victoria said...

Jenn, perfect! Couch holidays! WOo hooo! :)

Hi Laurene, isn't it crazy how fast December went? :) Oh, and don't apologize for "suddenly" commenting, I love it! Nice to meet ya :D


Likalia, you might just have to shovel. Ick! Your car must be shivering in the snow ;) Merry Couchmas!