Friday 5 December 2008

Yay!


So guess what? I graduated from physio yesterday!

No, not physio school, sillies, I told you, I'm a spy, not a physiotherapist.

No, I graduated from my physiotherapist that I was seeing for my back.

See, I'd been seeing this one person for a number of months and things were ok, but then she had to go away for a while and my back (which, if you're following along at home, has been bugging me here and there for a fair bit now) had a little owie session and I suddenly remembered a physio I went to a couple of years ago when I did got whooping cough (yes, as a grownup thank you very much, never as a kid though) and ended up compressing a disc in my (completely unrelated area) upper back.

So I made an appointment to see this fellow and he took a very different approach to what he felt the problem was and once we started working on that, things started improving dramatically.

Some traction, ultrasound, weird electrical thingies and excercises later and I'm good to go. SO much better; know what I'm dealing with and how to take care of it. Unless something goes wrong again, I don't ever have to go back. I'm feeling pretty happy that I've fixed things up so well and it's a reminder that sometimes a different opinion in health matters is a good idea.

Oh, and an unrelated bonus? One of the things I've had to fix was my posture, and fixing that has made all my pants too big so I've ended up going down a pants size. Or two. Without having to diet like a madwoman. In fact, no weight lost at all, but all my pants started sliding off.

Cool, huh?

So, yay me, and yay my physio guy for doing such a good job fixing me up!

4 comments:

Abby said...

I have trouble with my posture as well. I try to get a massage on my neck/back at least once a month and that has been a big help in addition to lifting weights! Congrats on your "graduation!"

Victoria said...

Thanks! (oh and I love my massages too!) :)

Yvonne said...

That is awesome!

Victoria said...

I know! :)