Friday 2 January 2009

Cool


So, yes, I had a good Christmas. Not entirely as planned, but sometimes that just ends up making it even better.

The plan was to head over to the mainland on Christmas Eve and to head back Boxing Day-ish. My brother called on the morning of the 24th and the snow that had been forecast (and missed Victoria) had hit them full force. After talking with him it was decided that it wasn't safe driving and not a good idea to head over.

We were all pretty disappointed, so it was an easy decision to make when, on Christmas morning, he called and said the roads looked great and things were melting. Yay, travel time!

Travelling on Christmas day was nice, everyone seemed happy and in good spirits, and crossing on the ferry with snow all around was something I haven't done very often in the past, so I had a blast taking photos for most of the trip.

I got to see everyone I love most in the world on Christmas day after all, and the day was wonderful and relaxing and fun.

My brother came over here for a visit a few days after Christmas so it has felt like the longest holiday season ever.

We even went to see the lights at Butchart Gardens (which is one of my favourite Christmassy things to do) the other evening.

My New Year's was great too. I have my own, personal traditions which included cleaning my place and getting rid of (to charity of course) old clothes and things I no longer need or want in my life. I also wrote out some goals (not resolutions) for the year and rang 2009 in peacefully and happily.

My parents came by yesterday and first footed me, with shortbread and all, which is probably the most perfect start to the year I could have asked for.

I hope you all have a wonderful 2009 and I look forward to sharing more stories with you as the year progresses.

Happy New Year!

6 comments:

FB @ FabulouslyBroke.com said...

Oh that's wonderful :)

Cleaning up for the New Year is a wonderful tradition.

Fabulously Broke in the City
Just a girl trying to find a balance between being a Shopaholic and a Saver...

Victoria said...

Sure is FB :)

Laura said...

Just curious - what's your distinction between goals and resolutions?

Happy New Year!

Victoria said...

Happy New Year Laura!!!

I think, for me, a resolution is something I'm not sure I can do, is going to be difficult, and is often give-up-on-able. Where as goals are things I'd like to do in the next year that will make my life better in some way. Like the goal might be to spend more time outdoors. And I feel like you can have a setback with a goal but keep going, but once I've broken a resolution it's just done. I dunno... it's probably just all in my mind :)

Likalia said...

That is so nice of your parents to first foot with Shortbread. :) Was it homemade? Though even if it wasn't I am so jealous. :)

Victoria said...

It was totally nice of them! They're the bestest!

It wasn't homemade, but was delicious nonetheless :)