Friday 16 January 2009

I Lightened Up

I've got the power!

Well, actually, I've cut the power.

My power.

Usage, that is.

You probably don't remember this post from over a year ago, (go on, read it, you know you want to) but in November of 2007 I committed to cutting my electricity usage by 20%.

I just got my results, and I'm really proud to say that last year, (drum roll please) I cut my power consumption by (dramatic pause while the envelope is opened)


25%!


YAY ME!

Now, I know most of you non BC residents won't know what I'm talking about, but for the rest of you, can you now sing me the "I've got the power" song like in the commercials? (Or you could just sing along to this (which, I'm going to admit is a song I quite possibly know all the words to)


Snap - I Got The Power

And also I found this while searching for the BC Hydro Power ads and it made me smile.


Power Smart Man

The point is, if I can do it, you can do it. So go out there and reduce your energy use!

Um, but don't unplug your computer til after you've read this post, kay?

6 comments:

Likalia said...

Way to go!

I did try to do the power smart thing, only to find out my very old house needs way more help in that area than I can acccomplish by turning off lights. I think this year my power consumption was actually up by 1%. I was so distraught when I found out. :(

Hopefully this year will be better. :)

Victoria said...

Awwww! Yeah, this year will be better for you and your very old house! :)

abc said...

hi single girl. way to go on saving energy! i am working on getting my home to be energy efficient, you can read about it on my blog on bchydro.com. we were thinking/hoping you might share some of the things you did to reduce energy use with me, so we could put a blog on our team power smart site about it. we won't blow your cover, promise. what do you say? nola

Victoria said...

Hi Nola :)
Thanks for cheering me (and BC!) on, I'll totally send you an email!

Rob said...

Thanks for the story. Just forwarded it to my roommates (who also happen to be single women). They insist that they need the electric heater and need to leave the lights on for when they come home.

Victoria said...

You're welcome Rob :) Hope your roommates can work something out :)