Monday 5 January 2009

Routine


So a funny thing happened these last couple of weeks, and I found myself completely out of my sit down and write some posts routine.

It was a combination of some time off work paired with the holidays and spending (wonderful) days at a time with family and friends and adorable little ones and not having a whole lot of the down time that I usually take to write.

And then I would have a moment or two and want to write but found that my brain was just, well... kind of mushy. And I didn't want to force myself to make coherent thoughts.

Or maybe I just didn't have any. That's always possible. (Heh)

But as things have settled and the holiday season has slowed down, I've found myself with time to myself again and I think I've found that I really am a creature of habit, or, at least, a creature of routine.

I like taking a slow Sunday to sit and think about what's going through my head and what's going on in my life and so write out the weirdnesses or anecdotes or concerns or whatevers and I've missed that feeling of babbling out my thoughts to whoever (er... whomever?) happens to be listening.

So, hi! I'm getting back in my routine, which should mean that my brain will have time to form at least semi-complete thoughts.

Ahhhhhh routine, we get along just fine you and I.

9 comments:

Michael Colvin said...

I know just what you mean about the mushy brain feeling.

Yvonne said...

Yay, looking forward to weirdness and anecdotes. ;)

Victoria said...

Mushy brains unite, Michael? ;)

Good to hear it Yvonne :)

dilling said...

I like me some routine....

Victoria said...

Me too, my friend.
*hugs*

Jonathan Beckett said...

Routine is good, isn't it - despite our bad temper when thrown back into it.

Perhaps the fact that I am a tidy kind of person fits with liking to know what I should be doing next...

Victoria said...

True, Jonathan!

And, yes, I'm a tidy kind of person too, so maybe we like knowing what to be doing next more than some?

Anonymous said...

routine is good. but also fun to step out on occasion and take a breather!

Victoria said...

That's true! And that was what Christmas was allllll about :)