Tuesday 6 January 2009

To Vaguely Acquainted With Guy

Dear ... um... you,

I know we've known each other for a few years now, and we politely chit chat on the odd occasion, but really? That doesn't give you enough of a reason to lean in for what I thought was going to be a New Year's hug and plant a kiss right

on


my


lips.

Dude.

Because as much as I'm trying to be polite about it, it's been a while since I've actually wanted to take soap and wash off my lips and right now I'm thinking of heading straight to the bathroom to do just that.

Seriously.

Hug or kiss on the cheek.

No lips.

No lips!

NO LIPS!



Yours in a remote kind of way,

Victoria

13 comments:

Likalia said...

Oh dear, how socially unfortunate he must be. :(

Victoria said...

Oh, you know Likalia? He's a nice enough guy, I just think he thinks I'm far more comfortable with him than I actually am. Or something?

Sigh.

Anonymous said...

Awwww...poor guy was just WAITING for a chance to kiss you.

You've gotta watch out for him now though, since he's gotten away with it once he's liable to be waiting around any corner, just waiting for your lips to be all innocent and unsuspecting again.

Victoria said...

Nooooooooo!

Jonathan Beckett said...

Why am I sat here with a huge smile ? (perhaps because I'm safely married, and can now watch other's agonise over the entire nightmare from a distance)

Keyona said...

Why? Why would anyone do that? Sorry you had to endure that.

Cute blog!

Anonymous said...

ha ha ha ha!!!!!! that's grand. and funny!

Victoria said...

Jonathan, not fair! lol

Keyona, I don't knowwwwww! *shudder*

(thanks!)

MDTR, it's amusing in hindsight. or.... not! ;)

Yvonne said...

oh my goodness! (Perhaps he'd been wanting to do that for a LONG time and decided New Year's was a good opportunity...?)

Yvonne said...

P.S. Don't be smug, Jonathan - the Universe will get you for it!

Victoria said...

Yvonne, that's what I'm thinking, he maybe thought "oooh, I can get away with it!"

And, isn't it Bridget Jones who refers to her married friends as Smug Marrieds? ;)

Yvonne said...

And ooooh, guess what? Not so much! Ah well, gotta give him credit for taking a chance?

It totally is, how perfect! We will henceforth be referring to Jonathan as the Smug Married. >;-D

Victoria said...

Sure, give him credit for taking a chance, and then hope he doesn't try to take another! ;)