Wednesday, 11 February 2009

Woah

So, usually when I use crazy glue (or whatever it's called) I get a little bit on my finger and it's no big deal.

This time, however was different.

I guess the tube/container thingy didn't like being stored sideways because when I pulled the lid off, this big ol drop came out and attached itself to my left index finger.

I kind of stared at it, went ahead with the job I had to do and then went back to staring at the now hardened, blob of crazy glue that was on my finger and in and over my fingernail.

I tried to pull it off, but, apparently that only works when there's a mere fragment (and by the way, the middle finger that I did pull the fragment off of? Feels very owie. I don't recommend my "pulling" method y'all)

Thank goodness for the internet and thank goodness I like having pretty red toenails.

For future reference, nail polish remover did the trick and saved me from having to make a really embarrassing trip to a clinic. Imagine that conversation, if you will:

"Um, hi. I have a glob of crazy glue stuck on the end of my finger. Help?"

7 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

First, what is "Crazy Glue" ?

If it's any relative of "Super Glue", otherwise known as Cyanoacrylate, it was invented to glue skin together - which is why it works so well on skin. To remove it, just put it under a hot tap, and hey presto - it vanishes.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 3:49:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

It is apparently a relative of Super Glue!

I had NO idea about the hot water trick, nice! :)

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:30:00 pm  
Blogger lexiloo said...

i had that happen except two fingers got stuck together! i called the help line and they suggested soaking in warm water, which did eventually work! nail polish remover seems like it would work faster. i think/hope that may be one of those things you only have happen once, because from then on i have been super cautious around superglue.

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 4:44:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Lexi, I'm thinking I'll be super cautious from now on too! ;)

Wednesday, February 11, 2009 5:17:00 pm  
Blogger Yvonne said...

But think of how entertaining (in a non-gross way!) it would have been for the medical clinic staff. ;)

Thursday, February 12, 2009 2:19:00 am  
Anonymous Dominic said...

Lucky you didn't try to pick your nose before it had set! ;)

Thursday, February 12, 2009 8:44:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

I guess so Yvonne. :)

Dominic, that'd just have been the worst! :)

Thursday, February 12, 2009 7:01:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.