Wednesday 11 February 2009

Woah

So, usually when I use crazy glue (or whatever it's called) I get a little bit on my finger and it's no big deal.

This time, however was different.

I guess the tube/container thingy didn't like being stored sideways because when I pulled the lid off, this big ol drop came out and attached itself to my left index finger.

I kind of stared at it, went ahead with the job I had to do and then went back to staring at the now hardened, blob of crazy glue that was on my finger and in and over my fingernail.

I tried to pull it off, but, apparently that only works when there's a mere fragment (and by the way, the middle finger that I did pull the fragment off of? Feels very owie. I don't recommend my "pulling" method y'all)

Thank goodness for the internet and thank goodness I like having pretty red toenails.

For future reference, nail polish remover did the trick and saved me from having to make a really embarrassing trip to a clinic. Imagine that conversation, if you will:

"Um, hi. I have a glob of crazy glue stuck on the end of my finger. Help?"

7 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

First, what is "Crazy Glue" ?

If it's any relative of "Super Glue", otherwise known as Cyanoacrylate, it was invented to glue skin together - which is why it works so well on skin. To remove it, just put it under a hot tap, and hey presto - it vanishes.

Victoria said...

It is apparently a relative of Super Glue!

I had NO idea about the hot water trick, nice! :)

lexiloo said...

i had that happen except two fingers got stuck together! i called the help line and they suggested soaking in warm water, which did eventually work! nail polish remover seems like it would work faster. i think/hope that may be one of those things you only have happen once, because from then on i have been super cautious around superglue.

Victoria said...

Lexi, I'm thinking I'll be super cautious from now on too! ;)

Yvonne said...

But think of how entertaining (in a non-gross way!) it would have been for the medical clinic staff. ;)

Anonymous said...

Lucky you didn't try to pick your nose before it had set! ;)

Victoria said...

I guess so Yvonne. :)

Dominic, that'd just have been the worst! :)