Wednesday 22 April 2009

I Can't Tell If I'm A Kingpin or a Pauper


The first concert I ever went to was the Red Hot Chili Peppers. (Which, if I do say so myself, is a pretty darn sweet first concert, lucky me.)

The concert was awesome and head-thrashing and loud and completely memorable. (Um, hello, they did their encore wearing nothing but gym socks on their you-know-whats! Which... WOOOOOOO! Oh, and the music was great too.)

But when I think back on that concert, a big part of it for me was the seriously cute guy my friend and I talked to on the SkyTrain ride back to our car.

We never asked for his name, but gave him a nickname anyway (which I wish I could remember) and used to talk about what a great couple the two of us would make. Me and what's his name the blonde cutie.

(Although, I swear, if Anthony Kiedis had given me the nod, It'd have been a whole different story.)

Ahhhhh yes. Those were the days.

Give it away, give it away, give it away now. . . .

Who was your first concert?

And did you meet the love of your life on the SkyTrain on the way home too?

P.S. Happy Earth Day!

8 comments:

Laura said...

Haha, oh my God. I'm embarassed. My first concert was the Backstreet Boys. Needless to say, I did not meet my soul mate that day.

TheManOnStilts said...

I think it was... may have been the Arrogant Worms. I was 14. Very funny show.

Victoria said...

Oooooh Laura, that would have been a FUN one!

TC, they're funnnnnnny!!!!

Anonymous said...

The Backstreet Boys?!? I wouldn't even fess up to that!

Mine was Massive Attack. And no, no soulmate there either :-(

pps. Happy St. George's Day!!!

Victoria said...

Happy St. George's Day :)

Catlin said...

I don't know my first but my best concert was from the Chili Peppers too! I loved it, I was euphoric and it gave me so much energy!

Bunny said...

My first concert was Ozzy Osborne when I was a junior in high school. It was an amazing experience, got about 3 rows back from the stage at one point. Also the first time I passed out, lol. When my fiance and I were comparing concert notes, turns out we were both at a lot of the same concerts, including that one.

Victoria said...

Awesome Catlin! (Gives you a virtual high five)

Bunny, that's an awesome first concert, and so adorable about you and your fiance! :D