Wednesday, 22 April 2009

I Can't Tell If I'm A Kingpin or a Pauper


The first concert I ever went to was the Red Hot Chili Peppers. (Which, if I do say so myself, is a pretty darn sweet first concert, lucky me.)

The concert was awesome and head-thrashing and loud and completely memorable. (Um, hello, they did their encore wearing nothing but gym socks on their you-know-whats! Which... WOOOOOOO! Oh, and the music was great too.)

But when I think back on that concert, a big part of it for me was the seriously cute guy my friend and I talked to on the SkyTrain ride back to our car.

We never asked for his name, but gave him a nickname anyway (which I wish I could remember) and used to talk about what a great couple the two of us would make. Me and what's his name the blonde cutie.

(Although, I swear, if Anthony Kiedis had given me the nod, It'd have been a whole different story.)

Ahhhhh yes. Those were the days.

Give it away, give it away, give it away now. . . .

Who was your first concert?

And did you meet the love of your life on the SkyTrain on the way home too?

P.S. Happy Earth Day!

8 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Haha, oh my God. I'm embarassed. My first concert was the Backstreet Boys. Needless to say, I did not meet my soul mate that day.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 1:56:00 pm  
Blogger TheClock said...

I think it was... may have been the Arrogant Worms. I was 14. Very funny show.

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:24:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Oooooh Laura, that would have been a FUN one!

TC, they're funnnnnnny!!!!

Wednesday, April 22, 2009 4:58:00 pm  
Blogger Mark said...

The Backstreet Boys?!? I wouldn't even fess up to that!

Mine was Massive Attack. And no, no soulmate there either :-(

pps. Happy St. George's Day!!!

Thursday, April 23, 2009 3:15:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Happy St. George's Day :)

Thursday, April 23, 2009 8:01:00 am  
Blogger Catlin said...

I don't know my first but my best concert was from the Chili Peppers too! I loved it, I was euphoric and it gave me so much energy!

Thursday, April 23, 2009 11:18:00 am  
Blogger Bunny said...

My first concert was Ozzy Osborne when I was a junior in high school. It was an amazing experience, got about 3 rows back from the stage at one point. Also the first time I passed out, lol. When my fiance and I were comparing concert notes, turns out we were both at a lot of the same concerts, including that one.

Thursday, April 23, 2009 12:45:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Awesome Catlin! (Gives you a virtual high five)

Bunny, that's an awesome first concert, and so adorable about you and your fiance! :D

Thursday, April 23, 2009 6:50:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.