Wednesday 28 October 2009

Heh

I totally forgot about this until now, but a few weeks ago, I was over at B and S's house and S and I were noodling around on the computer looking at the guys on the dating site she'd coerced me into signing up for.

For whatever reason (I think the answer to that question is alcohol) we decided to make looking at profiles into a drinking game.

For every time a guy's profile said he was 1)"easy going" 2)"just looking/checking it out" or any time we found a profile where the guy was 3)shirtless or 4)holding a beer, we'd take a sip of our drink.

We thought it was hilarious. That is, until we realized just how many times we were having a sip.

Let's just say, we really didn't need all four.

Within a few minutes we both decided we needed to switch to water and less potent drinks.

Had we kept up, B would have found us both on the floor passed out.

Apparently a lot of guys are just checking out on line dating, and are really easy going guys who like to drink beer and show off their manly chest.

It's still kind of funny though.

Well, at least we thought so.

6 comments:

Kanadisches Mädchen said...

Hah, you seriously crack me up! Yes, I recieved a very self esteem trampling response online once and I forsaken all online dating for good! I believe he was just "checking it out" as well. Hmmm, interesting how men work isn't it?

Laura said...

Oh my good heavens. I would have found profile-surfing *infinitely* more entertaining if I had thought to make this into a drinking game with my friends. This is hilarious.

Dominic said...

For some reason, this reminded me of a cartoon strip...

Victoria said...

KM, interesting? Yes, however it is that men's brains work is interesting ;)

Laura, it was pretty funny :)

I see where you're going with that Dominic :)

Yvonne said...

omg that's hilarious! What is it with guys posting pics of themselves shirtless?!!! And the beer thing! Sad that dating sites can be such cheap entertainment. ;)

Victoria said...

I guess the shirtless thing is to say "hey, I'm fit/good looking" and the beer is to say "I'm fun and social"
:)