Monday, 19 October 2009

Mended

This was an odd mix of a weekend for me, but a good one in the end.

I spent some of it, well, ok, a day and a half of it, fighting off a nasty cold/flu bug that decided to pick on me.

My mid-Saturday, I was feeling all sorry for myself and melancholy and looking up ex-boyfriends on the internety.

So, figuring that it was a "I'm sick and tired. . . literally" induced bum out, I went to bed early and slept it off.

It's interesting, I noticed, how differently people seem to be treating colds and flus right now. How much more willing people are to encourage you to stay home and get better. Which I did.

I also have a pregnant co-worker (yes, girl spies sometimes to have babies, you know!) and so I'm doing my best to keep my germs away from her. Had I not been feeling so much better by Sunday, I would have stayed off for another day or so.

I hope this is the worst sickness I get this season, and I'm glad to be feeling better.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jonathan said...

The place I work has been encouraging people to stay away if sick too.

It ruined my 18 month record of not being off work :( I was SENT HOME with a cold...

Thursday, October 22, 2009 5:48:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Awwww, nuts! I hate ruined records! But, at least you're feeling better, I hope?

Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:52:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.