Saturday, 17 October 2009

Shhhhhhhhh


So, as I sort of said the other day, C (she who famously introduced me to Smith and who was with me when we were smushed up in her car earlier this year) has, for a while, told me I should meet her friend. I think she first mentioned him a year and a half ago or so, but I wasn't interested in a relationship then.

C had a get together at the end of July and I forgot about it and didn't go, but apparently this guy was there and asked C why I wasn't.

Then work got busy. Crazy busy. And I called C up one day and told her that I needed to think about something, anything, besides work and would she give my number to that guy or something?

So she did.

And he called, and we went out on a "nice to meet you" kind of date and he was nice. It was nice and he was nice. And we'll probably do it again.

And it's not that there's a but, but there's a but.

Because I don't want to think about it too much or talk about it too much. I don't want to get wrapped up already in thinking about something that doesn't exist.

I don't want to start thinking about someone before I even know if he's someone I want to be thinking about.

Even if I suspect he might be.

I don't want to rush. I just want it to happen if it happens. I don't. Want. To. Think.

So that's all I know. And that's all it has to be.

This is all it has to be: I met a nice person who happens to be a single male.

And that's all it is.

End of discussion.

I need you on board with me on this. It's not anything and that's more than ok.

Now let's pretend I never said anything, ok?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Dominic said...

You said something? I must have missed it.

:o)

Saturday, October 17, 2009 8:38:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

I don't think I said anything! ;)

Saturday, October 17, 2009 10:20:00 am  
Blogger Yvonne said...

Completely missed it, so I thought I'd drop in and say hi. ;)

Sunday, October 18, 2009 3:57:00 am  
Blogger Ms Behaviour said...

I have no idea what you're talking about ;)

Sunday, October 18, 2009 7:03:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Well Hi Y! :D

Me neither Ms B, me neither. ;)

Sunday, October 18, 2009 1:58:00 pm  
Blogger Divine Rondeurs said...

totally love your writting.

Monday, October 19, 2009 7:56:00 am  
Blogger Victoria said...

Aww, well thanks!

Monday, October 19, 2009 5:29:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.