Sunday 8 November 2009

Here's the Thing


When I feel (and I know it's all in my brain) overwhelmed by a task, I often won't take it on. Such is my issue with NaBloPoMo. (National (really should be international) Blog Posting Month, an offshoot of National Novel Writing Month, NaNoWriMo for those of you lucky enough to not know the cause of the insanity)

I signed up and fully committed to it and succeeded in 2006 (and still have the button to prove it darnit!) when this here blog was brand new.

I didn't do it in 2007 (although apparently I posted multiple times on some days, go figure, so that would probably have evened out in the long run or something) but I did post daily in November 2008 and even mentioned how I was not really but kind of anyway NaBloPoMoing. (And again with the multi-post days, what's the deal November?)

Since that first year, (which must have traumatized me somehow) whenever I get to the end of October I always think about NaBloPoMo and my reaction is NoNoPoMo! I get overwhelmed by the idea of HAVING to write a blog post for every single day of this long, endless month!

Now, mind you, it really, for me, seeing as I tend to write 6 days a week anyway, only boils down to five extra posts which isn't that big a deal. But it's the feeling of committing to it and therefore having to follow through no matter what or else! that makes me not commit.

All this a really long way to say that I might, or might not post every day this month. And if I do, that's awesome. And if I don't? Well, I'll just try not to feel guilty by pointing out to myself that I didn't *actually* say I was going to do it anyway.

Does that make any sense?

I'm not (totally) crazy, right?

Right?

5 comments:

Ms Behaviour said...

Right....

Ms Behaviour said...

;)

Victoria said...

Whew!

Thanks :)

Jonathan Beckett said...

Makes perfect sense to me. I am a bit mad though. Just saying... lol

Victoria said...

So it makes sense to a slightly crazy person? ;)