Saturday, 7 November 2009

A Plea

Please, please, please! If you ride your bike and you're out past daylight (as in, after 4pm these days) PLEASE make yourself visible.

Last night, I saw a biker get nearly hit by a driver who was turning. It was the scariest thing, but luckily the driver was able to slam on his breaks in time and no one was hit.

I glanced over at the biker as I drove past him, my heart hammering in my chest, he was utterly invisible. No headlamp, no reflective jacket, nothing. He was just a pocket of black hurtling down the street in the dark.

Please, if you bike, or know someone who bikes, even if it's just around the corner, make yourself a glowing ball of visibility. Go overboard. You WANT to be seen.

Anything else is just too dangerous for everyone.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.