Tuesday 15 December 2009

This Is A Place That I Call My Home*

The passion of musicians inspires me. Moves me to tears.

My first serious boyfriend was a musician. Was a music student when I met him. I can barely remember how we met, but I think he was the friend of a guy who liked a girl I was friends with. Something like that.

I remember listening to him play late one night in the dark of a performance room we'd found open and there was moonlight shining in through one of the windows and the dusty beam of white light just barely illuminated the keys of the grand piano that he was bent over.

"He's channeling God." was the thought in my mind.

This from an 18 year old who'd never been to church.

He's channeling God.

And he was. He did.

I wonder what he's doing now.


* (The Cinematic Orchestra)

5 comments:

the one in the back said...

I guess I'll be the one to ask the "500-lb Gorilla in the room" question...
What happened?

Victoria said...

There's a 500 lb Gorilla in the room? EEEEEEEEK! *runs screaming from the room*

Victoria said...

No, seriously, you mean what happened with him?

Short version, we broke up. Long version? Um, it's long ;) Perhaps a future post hrm?

the one in the back said...

Perhaps, indeed. ;)

Victoria said...

:)