Tuesday, 15 December 2009

This Is A Place That I Call My Home*

The passion of musicians inspires me. Moves me to tears.

My first serious boyfriend was a musician. Was a music student when I met him. I can barely remember how we met, but I think he was the friend of a guy who liked a girl I was friends with. Something like that.

I remember listening to him play late one night in the dark of a performance room we'd found open and there was moonlight shining in through one of the windows and the dusty beam of white light just barely illuminated the keys of the grand piano that he was bent over.

"He's channeling God." was the thought in my mind.

This from an 18 year old who'd never been to church.

He's channeling God.

And he was. He did.

I wonder what he's doing now.


* (The Cinematic Orchestra)

5 Comments:

Blogger the one in the back said...

I guess I'll be the one to ask the "500-lb Gorilla in the room" question...
What happened?

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:21:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

There's a 500 lb Gorilla in the room? EEEEEEEEK! *runs screaming from the room*

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:18:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

No, seriously, you mean what happened with him?

Short version, we broke up. Long version? Um, it's long ;) Perhaps a future post hrm?

Tuesday, December 15, 2009 10:19:00 pm  
Blogger the one in the back said...

Perhaps, indeed. ;)

Thursday, December 17, 2009 6:44:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

:)

Thursday, December 17, 2009 10:40:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.