Tuesday 26 January 2010

Twenty Six Days In


I'm still feeling bruised and battered from this weekend, but since forward is the best way to move, that's what I'm doing. Step, step, step. Onward.

John Mayer's helping. I bought his new album with an iTunes gift card and it fits my state of mind perfectly while still making me feel just a little bit better each time I hear it.

Did you know we're twenty six days into the new year / January / the decade?

I've managed, so far, to take a photo every day. I don't love all of them. I don't always love doing it, but so far it's resulted in a few great photos I wouldn't have taken had I not been out there with my camera. So, that's good, I guess.

Another interesting side-effect (?) is that on the days I get a photo I love, I end up with a bunch of others that I really really liked. So that's good.

I just thought about something, with regards to the music. I think part of it is that the music's good, but I also, as I'm sitting here typing and listening, think it's that putting on the music forces the part of my brain that rehashes the situation to focus on something else; the lyrics the tune, the harmonies, the instruments.

But, anyway, twenty six days in. The things I said I'd commit to daily, I've done every day so far. Forty days to make a habit? Guess I'm more than half-way there.

How's your January going?

6 comments:

Jonathan Beckett said...

I've recently started listening to John Mayer too - never really heard him before, and then a friend from the US mentioned they were going to see him live. Of course I discovered the best video ever (Free Falling), and none of his other stuff has come close - for me at least.

My January is pretty quiet really. Perhaps that explains the damn fool ideas I keep coming up with. Boredom is dangerous.

Victoria said...

I love love love John Mayer! Or, his music I guess, as I've never met the guy ;)

Boredom? What is this "boredom" you speak of? Heh. (Giggles insanely until brain explodes)

happsgirl said...

Hi Victoria! Long time no comment :)
John Mayer has been one of my fantasy men ever since I saw him live 8 years ago. Funny you should mention him because this January really does feel like John Mayer should be the soundtrack to it. :)
I also love the fact u're taking a photo everyday :) post some more up!

Victoria said...

Ooooh, you saw him live? COOL!
I think he might be the soundtrack for February too ;)

I'll see what I can do for posting more photos for ya! :D

Kelly said...

I like this idea---I've heard 20 days and 40 days, but either way good luck and I'm glad you are getting some beautiful pics out of it!

Victoria said...

Maybe I should go for 60 days just to be sure I'm stuck in the habit? ;)