Monday 25 January 2010

Unfortunately

I got emotionally slapped around this weekend in a completely unexpected way. (Isn't it always that way?) Which is really unfortunate, because it should have been was a great weekend and this one thing is eclipsing all of that.

Ordinarily I wouldn't mention it, would just wait for it to blow over or to hurt less, but right now, it's occupying all of my thoughts and is heavy heavy heavy on me like the lead blankets you wear for dental X-rays.

My instinct right now is to never ever ever let anyone in to my life ever again. To never have friends any closer than outside of my safety bubble. And that's a sucky way to feel. So I guess I'll just curl up like a hedgehog or something until it feels safe again.

Things like this make it feel easier to be alone and lonely. At least then you feel like you're in control of the hurt.

I hate that this has turned everything into something it's not. Hopefully the eclipse will pass.

Soon.

Send me a hug, would you?

19 comments:

Julie said...

hug hug hug! Feel better, and don't worry, sometimes these things happen just to make it so much sweeter when things actually do fall into place! I know how you're feeling (been there a time or...ten million) but it'll pass!
xox

Joel said...

epic

If you're in the mood to watch an awesome move, rent ONCE.

Joel said...

epic HUG

(apparently if you put pointy brackets around a word it doesn't show up)

Dominic said...

Sadly, I make it a rule not to hug curled-up hedgehogs. So have a delayed *hug* for later :)

Take care. Eat ice cream. Cuddle warm fluffy things.

Esperanza said...

Hugs Victoria I'm sorry you're hurting :/

Chris said...

Hi Victoria! Sending big bear hugs your way! I hope you feel better about the situation quickly. If you don't feel better, just tell me who's knee-caps to break!

Hugs!

the one in the back said...

Dun and Dun! What Baby wants, Baby gets! ::Big Hug!!!::

::Hug some more!::

::Another for a hat trick!::

I hope that tides you over until you're feeling better. If you need anymore, let me know. I got plenty to spare =).

Likalia said...

That is never a fun situation, I hope it passes quickly. *hugs*

Stacey said...

Hugs Hugs and more Hugs!
I agree with Joel, Once is a must see.

Victoria said...

Thanks a bunch you guys. Really.

Thanks, Julie, that's true. :)


Joel, that movie was recommended to me ages ago and I forgot about it, so thanks for the re-recommend. And thanks for the epic hug. I wonder what the spikey brackets did to the word!
Yeah, I guess that would be rather prickly, eh Dominic?

Thanks Esperanza :|

Hi Chris, thanks. I think I should be ok with things, but I'll keep you in mind for knee cap breakage if needed ;)


Nice, ToiTB, a hat trick of hugs. A... hugtrick? T'anks. You're always welcome to send more just for good measure.

Thanks Likalia.

I'll take those hugs, Lady Sparkles, thanks :) And I'll rent Once for sure.

Jonathan Beckett said...

I would send a hug from the other side of the world, but I would probably need Mr Tickle arms for that to work :)

I'll email you.

Victoria said...

Mr Tickle arms, YAY!

Ms Behaviour said...

BIG HUG

Speaking of hedgehogs, go get some chocolate, please.

Victoria said...

Thanks Ms B. And, good idea! (I'm on my way to buy a Cadbury's Creme Egg because THEY'RE HERE ALREADY!)

Homegirl said...

IF it's about a guy, just know, not every guy will hurt you. And if it's about friends, friends come and go in life, and the one's stick around, stick around for a reason. Don't get jaded. Being jaded sucks. I would know :)

XOXO

Amy Arnaz said...

Victoria,
Mother's give good hugs. Here's a *hug* from someone else's mother - me. You'll be OK.
Amy Arnaz

Victoria said...

Thanks Homegirl. It's hard not to get jaded, but I'll do my best to keep it away!

Thanks Amy :)

Yvonne said...

Big hugs, sweetie. ;(

Victoria said...

Thanks :)