Wednesday 17 February 2010

Q is for Quips

When I was out with my friend the other weekend (she who would like to be called C-Dawg, but I'm pretending I've forgotten) I had to write down some of the hilarious things she said because I knew I'd never remember them if I didn't.

Like, when some very blonde ladies walked past us on their way to the washroom she mumbled that "I don't use that much bleach on my bathtub."

Or when we ordered some mini-burgers at the end of our evening she very astutely pointed out that "those are big mini-burgers," which indeed they were, and the fact that we'd had a few drinks made this observation even funnier.

There was also the moment when a group of scantily clad gals wandered into the casual/mellow bar we ended up at that she paused for a moment, looking them over and then proclaimed that "I think most of those girls' outfits have less fabric than my underwear."

It's even funnier because she's not being mean, she's just calling it like it is. And she doesn't try to be funny. She just is.

Even when we're both sober.

I've got great friends.

Even if they do pick out weird names for themselves.

1 comment:

Jenga Jenny said...

love it! And I love friends like those too :)