Wednesday 24 February 2010

Wowed

I keep meaning to tell you about something that happened last weekend.

I was leaving my Mom and Dad's place when I saw something along the side of the road. I glanced over and saw that it was an owl. Now I don't know much about owls, so all I can tell you is that it was pale, but I don't think it was white (but it might have been) and it had a round face and was a little darker on its wings. Anyway, I saw this owl and gasped. Don't see them much, but there's something about them that's so majestic.

So as I started to pull over, the owl flew up onto a nearby bus stop.

So I pulled up, slowly, under the bus stop and got out of my car.

And I stood there, and he looked at me. And I looked at him. It was amazing. I just stood there staring at him for a while and he looked me over, seemed to think I was harmless but interesting and he kept staring back at me.

I don't know if he's used to people, or if the fact that I was wearing all black and it was dark out made any difference or what, but we stood there like that until another car came by and scared him away.

It was this majestic, magical experience for me and I feel really lucky to have locked eyes with and seen that owl up close out in the world.

It's hard to put into words how moving the experience was, but that's ok, I'll remember the feeling even if I can't write it down exactly.

It was beautiful.

4 comments:

"Julie" said...

i love moments in life like that! How special! Owls truly are magical creatures!

Victoria said...

Julie, it was an awesome moment and yes, owls are amazing!

Lol, ToitB.

dilling said...

lucky girl!

Victoria said...

totally!