Thursday 18 March 2010

Put It On My Tab


So I have a crush on a bartender.

And, no, I'm not going to tell you where he works because half of those of you who live here will know him and the other half will say "Oh, yeah, I've seen him, he's totally cute!" and another half of you will go tell him you know someone who has a crush on him and he should date me already. (What? I never said I was good at math.)

C-dawg and I discovered him the same night we discovered Freckle-Butt and we both thought he was cute and funny and seemed like a good guy.

We went back a couple of weekends ago and he remembered us (which, of course made me blush a little) and remembered my name (even though he called C-dawg by my name) and he was still cute.

C-dawg had given him my number the first time we were there (I may have dared her to after we'd left for the next stop on our tour) so he's had the opportunity to pursue things if he'd wanted to.

I know bartenders and the like get hit on all the time and must get a ton of numbers, and for all we know he could be in a relationship so it's rather a moot point of why he didn't call me.

When I was telling another girlfriend of mine about the cute crush bartender guy she asked me if there'd been any flirting. Well, yes, there was, but as I told her "he's a bartender, of course there was flirting."

What I think is that C-dawg and I are fun to talk to and good looking. We also don't get outrageously drunk and that's probably refreshing for someone who spends their work hours sober with very drunk people. I'm, of course, a little disappointed that this hasn't turned into a whirlwind romance, but such is reality.

So I guess this isn't a crush that's going anywhere, but it's all I've got right now. What about you? Any good crushes going on?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Even though you don't know me I read your awesome blogg faithfuly!

I have an awesome crush on my vet!!!! Just thought I would tell you. Sometimes my BFF jokes that I'm giving my German Shepard puppy Munchousin Byproxie Syndrome. Lol!

Thanks for the awesome blog!

Anonymous said...

I have a serious "Indiana Jones" crush (Love written on my eyelids kinda crush) on one of my professors. I've stopped myself from dropping by during his office hours.

Victoria said...

Aww, well thanks! I love hearing about people who like to read about me and my sillies :) I think your vet crush is the cutest! Your poor puppy having to do all those trips! Tee hee!

Oooooh, I totally forgot about the Indiana Jones crush! Good one! :)

Likalia said...

Sadly I don't have any crushes at the moment, though the new physiotherapist I saw a few weeks back was kind of adorable, if married. Hard to crush on people you know are taken, seems totally pointless.

Note to self, seek out new crush material. :)

Victoria said...

Likalia, it's totally no fun to crush on married people, I know! :/

dilling said...

hahaha.... i've had crushes for years that go nowhere...

Victoria said...

:)