Wednesday 2 June 2010

Because I'm Twelve, Apparently

I don't like bathroom humour and grew up in a household where the "F" word wasn't the one most people think of but was, rather, the one that people say when their bottom has belched, if you know what I mean. (F - A - R - T, for those of you who don't.) Seriously, it was as bad as a swear word in our house and still not a word I use.

So I don't like F-word jokes and don't make them myself which makes the next confession all the stranger (and funnier perhaps?)

The only time I ever giggle about "that kind of thing" and actually make a toot-related joke is when I hear big boats (like ferries) backing up.

If you don't know, boats (er, what's the correct term here? honk? blow? sound? Yeah, that's probably it "sound") sound their horns (heh) three times before backing up out of a dock or something similar. (It's the boat world's way of saying "I'm going astern" or "Dude, get out of my way because I'm backing up and don't want to run anyone over")

So, here's the thing.

While I don't make f-a-r-t jokes or anything like that (in fact, when C-Dawg's husband wants to annoy me he says "fart, fart fart" over and over just to see me cringe), whenever I hear the triple Honk, Honk, Honk of a big boat I always (even if alone) giggle and say "Excuse me!" as if I just let out three big toots of my own ifyouknowwhatImean.

Every time I do it near my parents they give me that tsk tsk head shaking kind of thing (which is probably what encourages me in some reverse psychology way) and I giggle and feel like I'm getting away with being really rude.

I don't know why I find it so darn amusing, I really don't.

But I do.

Heh.

6 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

I call farts "bum burps".
and there is something funny about it all as long as nothing smells.

But thanks for that, I'm heading over to the Island at the end of the month and while I"m sitting in the Sealounge, I'm sure I'm going to giggle now when they blow their horn while passing the other ship in the channel.

This post made me laugh. thanks.

Charles said...

i really like farts.... i would imagine though that in the light of this post, you would probably find my blog to be vile and starkly uneducated.

disclaimer for vicoria: don't read my blog. there is toilet humor and pronounced use of the "other" f-word.

and stop giggling about boat farts. tsk tsk tsk

Kas said...

I calm them 'FLUFFS'!! And whenever my husband chooses to adorn the room with a 'fluff' and gets the LOUD EW!!!!!!! from anyone left standing he always says: "What? More room out than there is in!" like that makes it ok! EWEWEWEWEWEWEW!!!!

Victoria said...

Samiantha, I'm going to imagine you giggling at the ferry now :)

Charles, I think I fainted when I tried to read your blog ;)

Ewwwww, Kas!

Charles said...

oh you did not

Victoria said...

Did so!

Maybe