Thursday, 3 June 2010

By Any Other Name


I love roses.

I imagine I always have, but it's not something I particularly remember from when I was a kid. I love roses and I love ones like this one with the multi-coloured petals and I love love love the scent of roses.

There was a wild bush of roses (or, I suppose, a bush of wild roses) along the side of the lot while I was waiting in Tsawwassen for the ferry this weekend and the smell of them was stunning. I wasn't the only one who literally stopped to smell the roses.

At some point this weekend, I had an intense craving for rose water. The only rose water I've ever tasted was made by a friend of mine last summer by taking the beautiful, scented, massive ivory roses from her garden and sprinkling some petals into a jug of water she kept in the fridge.

I don't know what "real" rose water tastes like but this stuff was divine. Cool, fresh water with just a hint of a scent. It was magical, I swear.

I love roses and I grew them back when I lived in a place that had a garden and they're finicky sometimes (especially the miniature ones) but I swear, I never get over how beautiful they are.

This is apropos of absolutely nothing, by the way.

How's your day going anyway?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Jonathan said...

My day? Long, hard work, but ultimately wonderful.

We just arrived home from a few days away. Trying to pick up the reins of our life back in normality (read:mayhem).

Thursday, June 03, 2010 2:47:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Well, the wonderful part is good, yes? :)

Thursday, June 03, 2010 4:38:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.