Tuesday 22 June 2010

Weeeeeeeird


See the photo over there? ---------------->

Yeah, that photo's weirding me out something crazy. Allow me to explain.

I was chatting with someone about Arbutus trees and something in my brain went "hey, I think I took a photo of an Arbutus tree and put it on flickr, I should check it out"

So I went to my flickr account and typed 'Arbutus' in to the "search my photostream." And here's where my mind got blown.

See, I have a pretty specific system when it comes to uploading my photos and I, before hitting the "search" button the other day, could have confidently told you that I have never, ever uploaded the same photo to flickr twice.

In fact, I can still tell you that. I have never uploaded the same photo to flickr twice.

But the photo you're looking at right now? I'd uploaded three times.

I was so seriously weirded out by this I didn't know what to think. I'd somehow managed to mess up my system not once, not twice, but three times and funnily enough, each time I'd named the photo differently and each time had different comments and favourites and I'd even uploaded them months and months away from each other and man oh man I can't tell you how weird it was to see I'd done that.

And even more? I'd used the three different photos three different times in three different blog posts.

Dude.

So,of course, I had to go and delete two of the three uploads, which meant I had to pick new photos for two posts and, of course, I had to write a post about it and use the photo again but this time it's ok because it's on purpose and I know I'm re-using it.

But, dude. Seriously.

Weird.

How did I not notice?

2 comments:

Charles said...

That is weird.... do you suspect foul play at all?

Perhaps some kind of quantum shift in the space time continuem caused you to upload it three times in succession, but leaving you only the memory of one upload....

or perhaps Ex-KGB agents turned internet security mercenaries have hacked into your system and are preparing to absorb your life from the inside out....?

This requires further investigation either way. By the way: what is flickr?

http://arealgoodblog.blogspot.com

Victoria said...

That's TOTALLY what it is Charles! Argh!

Also, flickr is teh awesome. . .

http://www.flickr.com/

or clicky one one of my pics to go there. Just not on the one the KGB planted.