Thursday 26 August 2010

A Little Low

I'm a little bit blah today.

Maybe it's that the intensity and build up to the wedding is done and maybe it's that it feels like there's nothing to look forward to at the moment.

Except C-Dawg coming back home for Christmas. But that feels like forever away.

Forever away and shorter days and heavier weather and I miss Summer already.

Maybe I'm also bummed that the guy from the wedding, Cary, hasn't gone out of his way to track me down, get my email or number and I suppose most of me wonders why he would, but the rest of me wonders why not.

Summer's one of the seasons I least look forward to ending for so many reasons and while I do love Fall and its colours and crispness, it also means life tends to get busier and I'm so very much enjoying the mellower atmosphere this summer brought.

I'm not one of those people who lives for stress. At all. I could quite happily live in a state of mellow relaxation and hanging out-ness all the time. People tell me I'd soon get bored, but I beg to differ.

I guess I wish I'd heard from him.

I wish the days weren't getting shorter and losing their heat and that the geese weren't already finding each other and flying their way south.

6 comments:

Stephanie Hunter said...

As soon as your friends are back, get his number.

Victoria said...

I've asked for it Stephanie

Kas said...

{{hugs}}

Victoria said...

Thanks Kas

Anonymous said...

I think it's great that you asked for his number :) I really hope it works out for you!

Victoria said...

Thanks. Me too :)