Monday, 2 August 2010

To Holiday Mondays


Ahhhh holiday Mondays, I love you so.

And, if I can be totally honest with you holiday Mondays? I love you even more than holiday Fridays. (But don't tell them I said so.)

You see, with you, holiday Mondays, there's this giddy realization at some point on the Sunday that tomorrow is not, in fact, a work day. The weekend gets magically extended. Whereas with holiday Fridays, a Sunday is still the day before going back to work so somehow the holiday feels shorter.

And when you go back to work after a holiday Monday, there are only four more days until it's a weekend all over again so it somehow feels like getting another weekend as a bonus. And, yes, I know holiday Fridays give you short weeks too, but you still have to get through a week to get to them. Plus, I like Thursdays anyway so a Thursday becoming a Friday isn't as awesome as a Monday becoming an extra Sunday PLUS an almost Tuesday wrapped into one.

I mean, don't get me wrong, I'll take holidays when and were I can get them, the more the merrier I say hurrah and huzzah and all that, but I must say, you're especially in my good books today holiday Mondays. I intend to enjoy you.

Yours happily and relaxingly,
Victoria

P.S. See you in September!

5 Comments:

Blogger "Just Sayin....." said...

I agree!!!

Monday, August 02, 2010 1:31:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

:D

Monday, August 02, 2010 1:48:00 pm  
Blogger Single and Picky said...

In theory I love them, today however I am torn, I have this nasty paper that won't get itself out of my brain... September's Monday will be bliss though.

Monday, August 02, 2010 4:02:00 pm  
Anonymous Chris said...

Happy BC Day! I love holiday mondays too. Looking forward to the next one in a month. YAY for holiday mondays!

Monday, August 02, 2010 6:32:00 pm  
Blogger Victoria said...

Aww, well good luck with it SnP! I'm rooting for you :)

Happy BC Day Chris, yay!

Monday, August 02, 2010 7:09:00 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Please don't steal stuff from here, it's not nice. But leave a comment, why don't cha? And drink more water. It's good for you.

P.S. If you think you know me? You probably don't. If you're sure you know me? Pretend you don't. I'll never admit I know what you're talking about anyway.

P.P.S. All this stuff is copyright from then til now (Like, 2006-2017 and then some.) Kay? Kay.