Thursday 2 September 2010

Impatient Worrying

I got Cary's email from my friend yesterday and sent him an email and now I want to bash my head against a wall because it's no less frustrating hoping someone will call you than it is sitting waiting for a new email message to pop into your in-box.

Nevermind that every time I get an email my heart jumps and pitter patters excitedly until I realize it's not a reply from him and once again I'm in a battle between my logical self (Victoria, not everyone checks their email eighteen hundred times a day, he'll get to it when he gets to it) and my Eeyore self (Oh dear. He's already read the email and deleted it and will never respond because he never liked me anyway.) and my girly self (EEEEEEEEE! I hope he emails soon and then we get to hang out and we really really like each other and then our friends could double date with us which would be SO perfect and EEEEEEEE!) and the rest of me (Dude, I'm already stressing about other stuff, is this more fun to stress about at least?)

Hence the desire to bash my head against a wall.

Something's got to make all those voices be quiet.




(PS I know you'll tell me to just forget about it and move on and get on with my life etc, and I do. This is just what happens in my brain as I forget about it and move on and get on with my life.)

4 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

[i]and my Eeyore self (Oh dear. He's already read the email and deleted it and will never respond because he never liked me anyway.)[/i]

I love it!! I can hear Eeyore in my head!!! oooh dear.

I think it's awesome you've gone all nutty stressing about this. You're not jilted or jaded by the hope of finding love!!

:)

Victoria said...

;)

Likalia said...

I do the exact same thing, in fact I might be doing the exact same thing right now. :S It very much makes me want to bash my head against a wall, if only to stop all the voices from talking at once. :)

Victoria said...

I hear you Likalia. Oh, how I hear you! :)