Tuesday 21 September 2010

Rain, Rain, Falling Is The Only Thing You Ever Do*


The weather was wacked this weekend.

Well, to be specific about it, Sunday's weather was pretty awesomely crazy.

I woke up to (or more likely, was woken up by) thunder and the kind of rain that sounds as heavy as hail and is so thick people refer to it as coming down in a sheet. Major rain.

It was pretty awesome, especially since it was a Sunday morning and all I had to do was curl up on my couch with a blanket and, well, that was pretty much it.

By about 10 or so the rain had lessened and by 11 it had stopped.

I grabbed my raincoat (just in case) and headed downtown for some errands. Before I knew it, I was too warn and then it got sunny.

Like, gorgeously, blue skies and warm on your face sunny.

Couple hours later? Light rain.

Then clearing. Then super sunny again.

I went back to lazing on my couch and catching up on tv shows but it was such a mixed day. I mean, we do get days of sunny/rainy periods, but this was full on intense rain and later, full on intense sun.

With some thunder and lightning thrown in.

Crazy.

But cool too.



*Hawksley Workman

8 comments:

FemmeDeBloom said...

I very much like your blog :) Following now!

If you get a change...check mine out! New to the blogging world and just trying to network with other bloggers!
http://0itsuptous0.blogspot.com

Single and Picky said...

I know what you mean, left office at lunch yesterday in the sun after it had poured all morning and then got caught in a hail onslaught. Crazy.

Dominic said...

Before you complain that all the rain does is fall, think how freaked out you'd be if it were to spontaneously jump up into the air instead ;)

Victoria said...

Thanks meloknee. Good luck with your blog, it's a fun thing to do!


Yeah, SnP, today was super gorgeous and sunny but they say by Thursday it's going to be downpour. Crazy!


Dominic, this is very true. That'd be... totally freaky! :)

dating diva said...

I secretly love warm summer days with rain and just lazying around and watching the rain fall.. it kind of sounds like your weather has been bipolar lately though.. oh well, before we know it it will be freezing and snow!

Victoria said...

Rain can be really quite lovely!

But, yes, our weather has been moody and bipolarly :)

Kas said...

Here in the Southeast-- I think it's been about a month since we've had ANY rain to speak of... I am far (tee hee! almost said "fur enough"!!) south that our winters are more rain than snow.
My hubby says since it was a dry summer, it's going to be a snowy, wet winter. I moved from VA to get AWAY from snow!!

TY for the hugs-- I really do appreciate them!

~Kas

Victoria said...

Well, I can send you some rain if you'll send me some snow (I love it and hardly ever get any!) :D