Monday 22 November 2010

Thankful


The weather turned magically wintery this weekend and as I was heading to bed on Friday I got to stare out the window at snow.

Anyone who's been reading here for a while knows how much I love the snow, so it was a nice, early in the year treat.

The snow also delayed my travel plans since we didn't seem to know just how much snow we would get overnight. Turns out that most of our snow had melted by morning, but the mainland, where I was to travel to got a good dump of it so I'm glad I didn't have to negotiate in the snow over there.

Being here on Saturday also meant I got to vote in our local by-election, something I was bummed about having to miss.

Ever since I turned 18, I was excited and proud to vote and that feeling has not changed. Every time I step into a polling station I feel proud of myself for doing it, but I also feel lucky that I live in a country, in a time where I'm allowed to vote, where I get that right and privilege.

I'm lucky and I'm grateful.

And I voted.

6 comments:

Single and Picky said...

Yay for voting! I think it's awesome when people participate in the process rather than just moaning and groaning from the sidelines about how things should or shouldn't be.

And I'm also so glad I am in warm Philly while the snow happens in Vancouver.

Just Sayin... said...

You're getting puked on right now from what I hear!!! Enjoy!

whydidn'tshefancyme said...

I'm so jealous of you having snow. I love nothing more than a nice snowy view rom the house.

Victoria said...

Double yay for voting SnP! :)

Yeah JS, we're a bit of a mess over here at the moment ;)

I'm jealous of me for having snow too! Er, wait, no I'm just happy!

Nellyru said...

Not really related to your post (but yay for voting! and for snow!) but I just thought it funny that I was going to post the EXACT same comment on Sundry's elk post. *snicker*

Victoria said...

Sneaks you a high five while no one's looking ;)