Tuesday 23 November 2010

But.....What?

Where I usually do my runs is along the waterfront, a beautiful part of town that lots of people use for running or taking their dog out or to grab a coffee and go for a stroll.

There's no bikes on the trail so it's a very quiet place for a run. Quiet, as in, you don't have to worry about being hit by something going faster than you or running you over.

Which is why I was surprised the other day to hear an electric motor type noise approaching. At first, I thought it might be the music I was listening to, but when I put that on pause, the noise only got louder.

The area I was on was down a steep slope, so it's not somewhere you'd see one of those mobility strollers, so my brain (in sort of slow motion) told me to turn around to see what the noise was.

And you guys?

It was a guy on a Segway.

I nearly fell over from shock as the be-helmeted, bundled up from the cold, Segway guy raced by me.

I couldn't stop shaking my head at the oddity of it all.

Like, I'm going out for a walk along Dallas road to get some fresh air and see the sights. Hmmm, I think I'll take me my electric wheelie thing so I can save myself the actual walking portion of my walk! Yeah, that's the ticket.

It was the strangest thing.

Maybe you had to be there.

4 comments:

Kas said...

I tried to wave, but I was going too fast....


JK!!

~Kas

Laura said...

Immediately...I thought of Arrested Development. :)

TL said...

That is awesome! I would be so stoked!

Victoria said...

Next time wave Kas! ;)


Totally, Laura!


I was too busy being confused to be stoked TL :)