Thursday 2 December 2010

My Time

My weekends are my catchup time. My do things and my me time.

I have routines that work well for me on my weekends. It's my laundry, clean the house, do some cooking for the week, catch up on tv shows and relax time.

It's my go for a run after laundry but before dark time, my turn on a trashy tv show and peel giant pomegranates time.

It's my go for a walk with someone mid-day and maybe wander through downtown but not right now because of the Christmas crazies time although downtown's not as bad as a mall, I'm not going into a mall until February time.

It's my it's ok to be lazy time and it's my catch up on blogging time. I love my weekends.

What are your weekends for?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do my mental filing...basically it's like administrative filing in the office. I go for a walk on the Sea Wall (Vancouver!) and I listen to my iPod and I process all the emotions and experiences the week has brought me. If I don't do this, my "in-box" overflows and I'm not the most functional person. I LOVE my time, even if it's an hour I feel ontop of my very happy and exciting life.

Just Sayin... said...

I do my domestic chores during the week so I have even more time on my hands for the weekend.

Mine are spent sleeping in (830-10)
Lounging lazily about with coffee and breakfast. Napping a few hours later. if it's nice out talking a walk in the cold air with the sun blazing on my face.

More napping. Maybe some wine. Music downloading (yes I pay for my music).... repeat on/off all weekend.

Single and Picky said...

Puttering - clean, laundry, groceries, cook, church, nap - most definitely at least one and runs. It is the time to do me and prep for the next week - I normally use Friday night as week wrap up if I can - if I can I make a martini - do the laundry and tidy up

Victoria said...

Awesome Anonymous :)


Mmmmm, napping JS ;)


Good for you Stac, fun *so* matters!


Sounds pretty good SnP :)

Kas said...

I, unfortunately, don't have too much 'me' time-- weekend or otherwise. While me kids are at the ex's every other one, I still have a husband who has elderly parents we take care of.

unless of course- like I just did at the beginning of the week- my body gives out and I get to be sick for a few days!!

~Kas

Victoria said...

So busy Kas! I hope your sick time wasn't too awful and gave you some well deserved down time :)

Jonathan said...

This Sunday afternoon I am attempting to scale the lower slopes of my blogroll mountain. It's going well so far. Will tell you if I am found slumped at the side of the climb...

Victoria said...

Good luck my friend! Good luck! ;)