Friday 3 December 2010

A Sort Of Update Of Sorts


So, the online dating thing, how's that going Victoria?

Well, self, thank you for asking, allow me to elucidate.

Ok, anyway, I've been trying to hang out with that guy I already knew and was happy to run into online but our schedules haven't seemed to match up quite yet so so far we're just text message buddies, which is fine.

I've started messaging another guy who seems nice enough (you really can't tell until you meet someone) but gave me his phone number in case I wanted to call him which I don't and so that kind of freaked me out a little bit but I just have to figure out how to tell him it freaked me out without sounding freaked out if that makes any sense.

There are a couple of other guys who could be interesting and another I'm emailing with who could be fun (or crazy, again, hard to tell electronically) so I guess there's not really a whole lot to update except that I'm being a lot more discerning than I was last time and I'm not keeping the "maybes".

That doesn't make me mean does it?

8 comments:

Just Sayin... said...

I re-activated my online dating account last night. Apparently there is a new feature which you do not have the option of not participating in. WIthin the hour of getting ready for a different dinner date my inbox was full of people who wanted to "meet me".

Okay its a free site, but come on, how lazy do you have to be? You click a button that singals an auto email telling me you want to meet me, but couldn't write to me yourself with a small intro.

I think I'll delete my account tonight. And stick to meeting people in person.. *gasp* does anyone still do that?

TL said...

I haven't tried out the online dating thing yet... It seems scary :) If you don't think you are going to like them, then you don't need to continue. Trust your gut!

Single and Picky said...

I am with you JS - I still believe that there are ways to meet people that don't involve online dating sites...

Just a note V, I met TOITB (who comments on here sporadically) when I was out East doing my race - awesome person thanks for the being the conduit for that.

Kitty Moore said...

No,it doesn't make you mean at all. It just makes you honest! x

Duffy said...

There seems to be a progression of getting to know someone from these things. It goes from their site profile, to perhaps a private message through that site, to msn, to phone, to meeting in person?

Maybe with the crazy person; see what his IM address is first, and hopefully he'll be a little bit less crazy on that! ^^

Victoria said...

Oh, I think a ton of people still meet in real life JS, just some of us don't come across single men in real life enough to meet them! ;)


Yeah, TL, there's definitely a comfort level involved. The first time I tried it everything freaked me out. Now I know I don't have to meet anyone if I don't want to it's almost more of an amusement than anything :)

I'm SO happy to hear you met ToitB SnP! That's awesome and I did a little happy dance, yay!!! :D

Whew, Kitty, thanks!

I think there is a progression Duffy, and yeah, we'll see with the possibly crazy one, no phone or meeting until I test crazy factor ;)

Melissa said...

Hi, I've been following your blog and wanted to say hello. I'm also a single girl finding her way through life, and just beginning to blog about it. Oh and the "maybes" I delete them too!!

Victoria said...

Hi Melissa! Good to know I'm not the only one who deletes Maybes! And have fun with your blog (and your next date with "B"!) :)