Friday 14 January 2011

It's Too Early


Silly flowers, it's January.

I mean, I know you live in Victoria and every year in early Spring, we like to giggle at the rest of Canada as they dig out of snowstorms and we parade around in our shorts waving our blossoms around obnoxiously, but come on... it was snowing when I took this photo.

And it's January.

I'm not sure if you guys are confused or if you're reading an old memo or if someone's playing a joke on you but trust me, it's not Spring. Really not even close. We only just started Winter.

I mean, look at yourselves. It's so dark and dreary no one's even going to get to admire you and your pretty pinkness and there's not a whole lot of sun around. Hmmm, come to think of it, maybe that's what confused you, the lovely sunny weather we had this weekend. Was that what did it? Were you maybe in the middle of a poker game when you noticed the sun was shining and so you all panicked and came out?

I'm just suggesting that maybe you should consider just kind of slinking away and having a bit of a nap for, oh, let's say two or three months. Because as much as I love you, it's much much too early for you to be out.

Silly flowers.

7 comments:

Single and Picky said...

I know what you mean - it always seems to be this way - we get a warm spell for two or three weeks - everything starts to come alive and then bam February comes and it gets cold again.

Well I love spring but I would like to have it when I can really enjoy it

Single and Picky said...

PS You are right about the person you think it is

Eric said...

Cute! :)

TL said...

There is no chance of flowers here on the east coast! Silly west coast!

Victoria said...

I know SnP it's as if the trees and flowers don't remember what happened last year. What are they thinking?

(Oh, and? Yay! *happy dance*)


It's kind of crazy though Eric :)


Yeah TL, it's very silly!

Eric said...

@Victoria Sorry, I was referring to your piece of writing there... The early blooming? That's just nuts.

Victoria said...

I wondered about that Eric, but thought it'd be pretty obnoxious of me to think you meant my writing! Hee! :) Thanks :D