Thursday 13 January 2011

Discovery (Re)

I should know better than to set myself up with a "not going to" resolution type of thing.

Especially when it comes to sweets.

My sweet, sweet, sweets.

I tried the idea of "no sugar before 11" but what I found, two days in to the work week, was that come 11 o'clock, there I'd be stuffing my face with all the candy, chocolate, sugar, sweet, whatever I could find. It was bad.

So bad that I figured I wasn't doing myself any favours and was ending up with just as much or even more sugar than I was saving myself.

There's something manageable I can do when I tell myself I *will* do something every day and when I give myself a goal that's reachable, but when it's difficult and I'm taking something away? No good.

So I've re-discovered that I'm not great with New Year's resolutions. I'm just good at being stubborn.

In a good way.

I guess what I'm saying is that I'm better at doing something than at not doing something.

Can anyone tell if I'm making sense? I just had a handful of candy and my mind's a bit blurry.

9 comments:

Dominic said...

Like this?

I just had my own rant about NY resolutions.. I'm not a fan!

Duffy said...

Fun! Do you have a favourite sweet?!

Single and Picky said...

I used to have a wicked sweet tooth and then I did an anti-Candida "diet" - I didn't do the hard core version but I seriously cut back and for the most part I've kicked the want/need for sugar. I am not suggesting that's the source - but I can tell you that candy will make you sick if you do it - that gross feeling alone was what helped me.

But if you can do moderation - why not have a daily sweet?

Just Sayin... said...

Tell youself you'll be putting yourself at risk of having type 2 diabetis if you continue. Or might end up with dentures by the time your 40 if you dont cut back. ;-)

Or just lay off the sweets and indulge one day a week. Then it's more of a reward.

Kas said...

nom nom chomp chew drool

I'm sorry, those were YOUR m&ms??


LOL!

It's a fighting battle for me too, altho' I will eat fruit to satisfy my sweet as much as I will eat candy. Try Gum?

Victoria said...

I don't think I could pick just one favourite Duffy, but Skittles are up there. And chocolate is way way up there! ;) said...

I'm sure I should do that SnP, and I'm sure I would feel a lot better. I'm just not brave enough at the moment.

Yeah, I'm keeping an eye on that for sure JS. And I brush me teethses lots! ;)


Thief Kas! And yes, I've found gum in the morning can help a bit and a nice apple mid-morning is quite tasty :)

Victoria said...

Oh, and Dominic? Yes. Just like that! :D

Shoe.Gal said...

As a fellow sugar lover I can totally relate. I cant have anything sweet within arms reach and not eat ALL of it. :( And I can see how it would be like the whole "don't think about an elephant" type of thing...all it does is make you think about the elephant!

Victoria said...

It's so totally all about the elephant! :)

Well, plus sugar's just so tasty!