Wednesday 23 February 2011

Ok So Hey

So taking myself to work the last couple of days has been fun.

If, by "fun" you mean OWWWWW why does everything make my elbow hurt? Which in turn makes me want to cry which is not really good.

Turns out that's what a hairline fracture of the muhabidal medial mostoramalama will do. (Otherwise known as the "I can't remember what they called it but it was a lot of words when really I can already tell you where the break is because it's also where the massive bruise, swelling and huge soon to be scar is")

I had this morning booked off to see the doc, which turned out to be the best thing ever because the day started off with my phone ringing at about 7 am.

It was a co-worker who lives nearby.

"Victoria. I'm sorry to call so early, but have you looked outside?"

Turns out the wee tiny flakes that started last night somehow turned into an unexpected snowstorm and a foot or so of snow had fallen overnight.

NICE!

Well, not so nice for those who had to go in to work, but perfect for me because I had already said I couldn't be in and that meant I didn't have to worry about the drive! YAY!

It also meant that I could spend the morning watching the snow fall and then go out and play and walk and take pictures in it for the rest of the day.

I'll tell you. Being able to rest for the day AND to be able to see the beautiful snow that I love so much has done wonders for my mood.

I think, strangely enough, the confirmation that my injury is not "just" a bad bruise/scrape combo has also been a relief. Knowing that I'm not being wimpy and that there's actually something that's making it hurt so much made me feel better. Me strong.
(thumps chest in manly fashion)
(makes self cough)
(stops thumping)
(goes back to eating bon bons)
(not really)
(but I did get a bunch of Creme Eggs on my way back from the doctor's today so kind of)
(I've eaten quite a few)
(like four)
(but spread out over the day so it doesn't really count)


So we'll see what tonight brings in terms of more snow or not (it seems that this winter when they predict it it doesn't happen, so we'll see) but it did finally feel like we caught up with the rest of the world in terms of finally having a snowy winter.

Hopefully my travels tomorrow will be smooth and the rest of the week will be good and the Advils will keep on working.

Happy Wednesday y'all.

7 comments:

Single and Picky said...

One of those eggs was for me - so it definitely doesn't count. Get better sweetie!!

Victoria said...

Oh, that's true! :)
Thanks ;)

the one in the back said...

So did you get a cast? Casts are cool =).

Dominic said...

What is it about 2011? You're the fourth person I know who's broken a bone!

I felt kinda pathetic being unable to pick up my bike after coming off it, until I saw the x-ray and realised that no, it wasn't just a hurty shoulder, it was snapped in two - no wonder it wouldn't take any strain!

Enjoy the snow! (And eggs)

Jonathan said...

I forgot how much I loved your blog. The conversation with yourself about the bon bons was fantastic :)

Just Sayin... said...

Ya you're going to get dumped on again today, so say the weather channel... Good Luck.

Victoria said...

No cast ToitB, I'm not cool enough for that ;) (There was an offer of a sling though, but I said I'd manage)

I can't imagine how much you must have hurt Dominic!!!!


Bon bons Jonathan? I don't know what you're talking about (looks about shiftily)

Know what JS? We got exactly no snow today. Crazy!