Friday 4 March 2011

Tip of the Tongue

I got my hair cut the other day and when my hairdresser was finished, she looked at my shortened bangs which she'd also straightened (she says she loves playing with my hair so I let her style it however she wants after she's cut it) and the perfectly cut line they made across my forehead.

You look like that character, she said, you know, from that movie.

I did know who she meant but I also couldn't think of the name.

There was a pause.... Pulp Fiction? I said.

Yes, she said, that's the one, you know, you look like, what's her name?

We were both nodding, but neither of us could find the name.

I could even do the little fingers across the eye dance, but couldn't come up with the name.

You know, it's an unusual name, she said.

My brain got stuck on Renee Zellweger for far too long and just as we were going to ask another stylist I remembered.

My bangs made me look like Uma Thurman.

It's funny how certain things are so iconic.

They don't look like that anymore by the way, but at least I have a possible idea for next Halloween if I need it.

4 comments:

Jonathan said...

You do realise I will now picture her when reading your posts :)

Allan R E said...

Hi, Single Girl!

Been meaning to drop you a note to tell you how much I enjoy reading your blog...I enjoy your candid style!

Peace,
Allan

www.westcoastislander.weebly.com

Victoria said...

Well, yeah Jonathan, except shorter and non-blonde and, well, I don't actually look like her... just my bangs when they've just been cut! ;)

Thanks Allan :)

Unknown said...

Your blog is entertaining to read. And I love the Uma Thurman look. :)